Solis Geminae

A hologram was displayed in the cockpit, the whole crew gathered around to hear what Commander Sato would have to say. I didn't like to lay low for too long, too much risk of being caught. Better to keep moving.

"Captain Syndulla, after intercepting imperial transmissions for the past few rotations we have discovered that another rebel cell has been captured on Tatooine.  Your mission is to free them. We will send more information once you have reached the coordinates you will be receiving momentarily."

"You can count on us Commander," Hera chimed.

Great, Tatooine. Once of my least favorite planets in the entire galaxy. Nothing is better than sand, it just gets underneath all of my armor. But I know that's not the only reason I don't like it. No Sabine, you can't think about that, there is too much at stake, you have a mission to complete. 

Chopper input the coordinates and we were off to Tatooine. I regret what I was thinking earlier. I would rather have stayed on Lothal than go to the stupid desert planet.

I sat in the common room, helmet in my hands, just staring at my reflection. It really couldn't have been anywhere besides Tatooine. I jump as I feel a hand on my shoulder. 

"Oh sorry Sabine, I didn't mean to scare you," spoke Kanan. "Is something bothering you?"

"Nope. I'm alright, just tired," I lied. Come on Sabine, he's a jedi, he probably knows you just lied straight to him. 

"Okay, but you know you can always talk to me."

"I know, thanks Kanan." I stood up quickly and headed up to to cockpit. 

xxx

Sabine went through the doors towards the cockpit. I could tell something was off with her after the meeting with Sato. The question was what. I hate to see any of the ghost crew, my family, upset. It's been a hard time for all of us, mission after mission. I wish there was another way. My old self would have just run from my problems but now I'm fighting for a cause. 

"Ezra," I said as the boy walked passed me, "think you can do something for me?"

"Sure Kanan, what's up?"

"Maybe you can keep a closer eye on Sabine once we get to Tatooine."

"Okayyyy, why? Is something wrong with her?"

"Just a precaution."

xxx

We exited hyperspace and quickly landed outside of Mos Pelgo. I was not excited about this mission. 

Mommmmm, Do I have to go out there? Do you see all of that sanddddddddd. It's going to get stuck in my gearsssssss.

"Yes Chop, you have to come with. I'm sure Ezra or Zeb would love to clean you up when we're all done."

I raised my arms and threw them down to my sides, dramatically of course. 

Fineeeeeeee.

xxx

After we landed a transmission came through with only a name. Krineli Feld. We exited the ghost and started towards town. Entering a small cantina, there was only a handful of people seated at a table in the corner. 

"So how are we supposed to find this person?" sighed Ezra.

"I don't suppose you could be looking for me?" said a mysterious figure, stepping out from a shadow. Her pale white skin seemed to almost glow. "Feld, Krineli Feld of solis geminae."

"Well, that went easier than expected," spoke Zeb.

"Krineli, I'm.. we're sorry to hear what happened to your group." I said as I placed my hand on her shoulder.

"It's alright, we weren't thinking. We just wanted it to end but made it worse."

"What can you tell us?" questioned Kanan.

"4 of my team attempted to steal some supplies from an imperial outpost we thought had been abandoned. I'm not sure how many troopers there are, but this is the last transmission we received." She pulls out a small holodisk and plays the message.

"Feld, we were wrong! There's too many for us to handle! *he turns away* GET DOWN!" and the transmission ends.

I knew how she was feeling, not knowing if any of her team was still alive, she was almost as young as I was when I first started getting involved in the rebellion, too young. 

"We will help you rescue your friends. How many of your team can come with us?"

"For now it's just me, I stayed behind with one of our injured. But if we can leave now we can be to the outpost before the suns set."