Contact

The morning came quickly. Ezra was still asleep when I woke up. One arm around me, the other behind his head. He looked peaceful. I didn't dare move. I had waited for this for so long, I had always known he had a crush on me but never let on that I also had some feelings for him. I kept my guard too high to ever show that I liked him, then again, I never showed any kind of emotion.  I couldn't. I would be too vulnerable and being a solider, no being a mandolorian, I had to be tough all of the time. 

"mmph," Ezra made a noise but it wasn't comprehendible.

"Ez?"

"namf," he groaned.

I shook my head, the boy was obviously still asleep, deep asleep. I took a moment and slowly got up. I didn't want to wake him, he must have needed it. I got up and headed down the hall to the refresher, I showered quick. I took some time to my self, letting the water rinse away everything that I had been through. I felt much better after. I threw on some clean clothes, nothing too heavy. No armor today, just leggings and a short sleeved shirt. There was no point in wearing my armor all day when it was just Ezra and I. It was strange, I hadn't seen anyone in what felt like days. The sound of voices ringing through the halls, ships landing and taking off in the hanger. I want this to end.

I had wandered out to the field in front of Karmin base. There was nothing to see, there were no animals here, where ever here was. I slumped down onto the grass, the breeze whispering in my ear. 

"Sabine," someone said, but it wasn't some one, it was just a voice. There was no presence.

"Sabine."

xxx

"Sabine," I placed my hand on her shoulder to which she jumped.

She turned around, "Oh it's you."

"Who else would it be?" I asked jokingly.

"I thought I heard someone else. Must have been my mind playing tricks on me."

"You want something to eat? I was just gonna go grab something.

"No, I think I'm alright for now. Thanks," she turned away. I could feel something was wrong, she just wasn't ready to face it yet. 

I grabbed some food from the kitchen. I took a bite as I walked past the command room, there was a noise, static? I went to check it out, I had better make sure there wasn't something we were missing in this puzzle.

"E---zzzra," a choppy voice came through, the light for the holoprojector was on, I pushed it and a hologram came up. "Ez---ra, you n-----d to wak-- u-p. Th---y comiiiiiiing hom--."

"Ahsoka...." my words were barely audible. The hologram disappeared as the door behind me slid open.

"What are you doing in here?"

This time it was me who jumped. I playfully hit her arm, "you scared me."

"Good, you deserve it." She laughed, one of the sweetest sounds I had ever heard.

"You're not going to believe what just happened."

"Neither are you."

A/N- I'm sorry it took so long for me to update again. I work evenings and usually write before I go to bed, it's been pretty late getting home. I always tell myself I'm going to write during the day but forget. Anyways, I think I'm getting close to the end of this book. Looking towards the future, would yall be more interesting in what happens after this or a book on the rest of the crew during this time (same time as this book but from their perspectives.)