Rescue and Confrontation

The arrival on Mandolore was quick. I was expecting a blockade but there was only one light cruiser. We easily slipped through.

"Alright, we get one shot at this, you ready?"

I nodded. We were doing this for Sabine, for her family. I look over at Sabine, she looks like she's doubting herself. I place my hand on her shoulder, "Hey what's wrong?"

"I haven't seen my mother since I left the academy. I tried to come home and she told me if I even tried to set foot on Krownest, she would alert the empire so we didn't exactly end on good terms." 

"Sabine that was years ago and now times have changed. She'll be happy to see you."

"We're here," interrupted Taig, "moving out in 5."

"Let's do this," I said, holding out my hand. She took it, pulling herself up.

"Alright, let's go," Sabine said before putting on her helmet.

We've done this job plenty of times, but this one was different. It was only Sabine and me. No Kanan, no Hera, no Zeb, not even Chopper were here to back us up. I just wish we knew something about them. 

xxx

Ezra and I were going in alone. Almost blind. We had little information on the stronghold, but we knew my mother and Tristan would be in the detention block. My father and Taig stayed with the ship, but Taig was ready to be our backup if we needed it. 

"Ezra, NOW!" 

He detonated the charge and the wall blew. We held ourselves tight against the wall as all the stormtroopers rushed to the commotion. We casually walked inside through a door. We were able to see the ventilation shafts, one of our specialties. Ezra jumped up and opened the vent, swinging himself inside. I jumped and closed it just before a group of stormtroopers rounded the corner. 

"That was close," he said.

"We've had closer, now move."

We wove around the stronghold until we reached the detention cells. Ezra jumped down and did some jedi mind trick. 

"You will drop you blasters and go to command."

"We will drop our blasters and go to command."

They, as Ezra commanded, dropped their blasters and left the hall. Quickly, I dropped out of the vent and landed next to him. I opened the cell door. "Mother? Tristan?"

The two were seated against the far wall, both with their hands in binders.

The boy looked up slowly, "Sa-Sabine?"

My mother followed, she looked up at me and almost immediately back down.

Ezra came in and cut the binders with his lightsaber. "Mother," I said, "Are you alright?"

She hugged me, which caused me to jump a little, "much better now, my daughter. I've missed you."

"We need to get you out of here. Follow us, we have a ride out."

My mother and Tristan grabbed the blasters that the troopers had dropped and we ran towards the door we came in. We were almost there when we came face to face with a whole squad of troopers and none other than Gar Saxon himself. 

"Well what do we have here? Little Sabine Wren has finally come home. And who is this with you, my dear?"

Ezra reached for his lightsaber, I gestured for him not to, I was going to handle him my own way. 

"Saxon, I haven't missed you one bit."

"That is a shame, you know, you had so much potential. You might have even been an officer one day."

"I would never, besides, I get to make my own decisions now, I get to help free the people you enslave."

"Such a big job for a little girl like yourself, I'm glad you came to recruit more for your cause then."

Oh this man was really pissing me off, I've had enough. I pulled out my blasters and shot faster than I could think. I blinked and Saxon was on the ground, not dead, but definitely wounded. The stormtroopers began to fire but we were faster, plus mandolorian armor could hold up against blaster fire. 

After taking them all out, we hurried towards the exit. Waiting for us was the ship.

"Ursa!" 

"Alrich?"

"Hurry now, my love."

We all got onto the ship, my parents embracing. It was nice, seeing them together, being together as a family. 

We landed on Krownest a short while later.

"Sabine," my mother said walking up to me, "I'm sorry about what happened after the academy, I've lived everyday regretting it."

"It's alright mother, without it, I probably wouldn't be here today."

"I love you Sabine," she said.

"I love you too."

We hugged and my father came and hugged us too.

*The next morning*

Ezra, Rex and I were getting ready to leave when my parents approached me.

"We are so proud of you wildflower," spoke my father.

"Sabine, dear, your father and I must stay here to protect the clan, would you stay?"

As much as I wanted to say yes, I looked back to Ezra, "I'm so sorry, I have another place that needs me, but I will come if you need anything."

We hugged for a final time before I boarded our ship. Ezra sat down next to me and put his arm around me. I leaned my head on his shoulder. Things could only get better from here.