17

Chapter 17

I  woke hearing  a beeping; looking around I see the flash of a heart monitor that was connected to me. Straining my ears I could pick up on the soft sounds of a snoring beast; glimpsing over the edge of my bed there sat my beast. It was Zane’s wolf, Zander. His white fur that had black tips laid asleep curled up and huffed out a sigh. I wanted to giggle since he looked so cute, but I knew that would wake him.

Having to pee suddenly I looked around the room and seen the bathroom; time to be a ninja! I crawled on my knees to the edge and tried to tip-toe past the sleeping beast. But as soon as my foot touched the ground, I accidently stepped on Zander’s tail. A small hiss was heard but I was thrown on my back with his large canines in my face.

But you can tell he realized it was me as he licked my entire face and started whimpering, probably scared that he had hurt me. ‘I didn’t hurt you did I love?’ Yep, knew it. “No you didn’t Zane, I am ok. I just have to pee.” I smiled and scratched behind his ear which had him purr and lean into my hand. “As cute as you are being, I have to pee!” I whined and he quickly got up and jumped on my bed laying down. I jumped up and ran to the bathroom to relieve my bladder.

After washing my hands I walked out to hear a funny sound; kind of like whining and moaning, but in wolf. I looked up to see that Zane was rolling around in my bed with the sheets making the sound! He looked like a huge ass puppy and it was so cute!!! He growled and bit the sheet and I busted out laughing.

Zane froze then jumped up and fluffed himself out and growled playfully. “So you gonna stay in Zander’s form forever?” I asked. ‘I am butt ass naked, one of my warriors went to get me some clothes.’ Zane rolled his eyes. “Like I haven’t seen you Naked?” I blushed and he whimpered. ‘Stop, as soon as he gets back I will shift and put the clothes on. I need to check on Tanner before I can indulge in your sweet-’ Thankfully he couldn’t finish that thought since there was a sharp knock.

“Alpha, your clothes.” It was a male voice; I didn’t recognize it. I opened the door and the guy froze. He stood at an even six foot and looked to be in his mid 40’s. “I’m Sorry Luna, I hope I didn’t wake you.” The man was scared since the light was still off and he knew that if he did Zane would have his head.

“No, I was awake already. And thank you for the clothes. Zane was just saying that he had sent someone to get them. So thank you…”I didn’t know his name. “My name is Kyle. And it is my pleasure to help Luna.” He smiled and bowed his head before walking off. “He has been a warrior since he was 18. e found his mate when he turned 20; she was a small town girl from a very small pack. They now have an 18 year old son who is joining his father in being a warrior and two 10 year old twin girls. He is one hell of a warrior.” Zane spoke with pride as he pulled on his clothes.

“He sounds like it.” I kept my back to him as he changed and I heard a sigh. It was him and Tanner there; when your mother went crazy. He was the one who manage to drag her into the dungeons. I know she is your mother-” I kissed him lightly but quickly. “She might have given birth to me and raised me, but she is not my mother anymore. That crazy bitch!” I hissed and he groaned throwing his head back. “Don’t get mad! Its a turn on!” Zane whined and I laughed in disbelief.

“Don’t we have to check on Tanner?” I asked trying to help change the subject. “You first, are you hurt anywhere? How do you feel?” Zane went into ‘frantic! protect mate!’ mode. “Zane, Zander, I am fine. I feel as though I have a man to thank for saving my life and being stabbed in my place.”I opened the door and inclined my head for him to lead the way. “You are the Luna; everyone will sacrifice themselves if need be for you.” Zander had took over hearing that. “I am a Luna because of you; my mate. I PROTECT this pack alongside you. they shouldn't need to sacrifice themselves for me; it should be the other way around. I am just like any other wolf here; born from parents and all that crap; we look after each other.” I spoke with a new power in my voice; my wolf and I felt the strong need to protect this pack.

“You are one fine Luna.”It was both Zander and Zane who spoke. My wolf yipped feeling she pleased our mate and wanted nothing more than to curl up in his arms. We stopped in front of a door where grunts were being heard from. Zane looked to me and then thrown the door open.

In the bed, Tyler was thrashing and groaning in pain. “Tanner!” Zane rushed to his side and tried to wake him but he wouldn’t wake. He was covered in sweat and the sheets were crumbled in his fist. “Doctor!” Zane growled out loud. “There is nothing we can do sir; it’s the mate bond.” A tired woman entered holding her head. “Mate bond? I didn’t think he had met his yet?” I looked to Zane and back to the Doctor. “Thats the problem. He hadn’t met her so he can not heal as fast as he would if he had the bond. As well as, wherever his mate is; his mate is in grave danger.”

I know I haven't updated in ages! And I am so sorry! I broke my ankle and have been having trouble lately and blah. I know its not excuse and all but I promise I'm going totry and get better. My mind has just been blank and can't come up wih any idea! So please, if you have any ideas or suggestions let me know! Major writters block! I know this chapter is short but i promise to update more soon!