21

Zane's POV

It has been 2 weeks, Tanner has the all clear from tho Pack Doctor to leave and start doing light work, I have Snow keeping him on a tight leash. I am actually glad to see Snow with Tanner, the two of course fit each other perfectly since they are mates but still its funny how Snow makes Tanner turn into a big baby. 

Katie has been spending time with her little sister but her sister is staying with Dexter, she has been quite since that night. Her mother is insane, I have tried to talk to her but she remains quite. Katie refuses to go and see her same with her siblings, not that I blame them. 

Katie has been practicing with Kyle when not with her sister or me, I have been busy dealing with her mom. I trust Kyle to train her and he has been keeping tabs for me. She is pushing her self quite hard, as though she is expecting a war but when I try and talk to her about it she just laughs it off. Even the pack has noticed and stepped up their training seeing that their Luna was.  

But tonight, I have something special planned for her.

Katie's pov

"Faster, harder, no harder!" Kyle spat as I hit the bag again. Ben, his son sat down catching his breath as he looked up at me, "Luna, why not rest?" I shook my head and kicked the bad, the chain whined and unfortunately snapped. "Dam, that' the tenth this week..." Kyle whined as he picked the bag up and put it in a corner. I groaned but plopped down next to Ben. "So why won't you tell me why you are determined to fight like a lunatic all of a sudden?" I shot him a glance but he simply held his hands up. "Fine, I know you are gonna tell Zane so go ahead and just link him so I won't have to say it again." I waited until I felt the connection, he was quite.

            "Because I was, well still am, scared. I know Zane can protect me when he is there but what about next time when he wont be there? I knew only how to defend myself just a tad but, not to really do anything. I want to fight, to protect myself and the pack. When my mom threw me in the cabinet, Tanner took the knife. I have been told it's his job but really it's not. I am myself, it's my job to protect myself. It's no other person's job to protect me, just because I am Zane's mate and Luna mean nothing. I should be able to protect myself. I understand how the pack life is and no I wouldn't change it for anything. But remember I had been raised human, so I know those habits. And mom said father was attacked, he was ambushed and killed. What if that was to happen to me, I am scared. I know Zane can't always be by me and I wouldn't expect him to he also has his own agenda he needs to follow. But also what if when I do have kids, I will protect them with my life. I just can't stand feeling weak and helpless!" At this time I had silent tears fall from my face, I was frustrated.

"Luna, do you not trust Alpha?" A hand was placed gently on my shoulder. "Ben, it's not that I don't I just want to be able to fight also!" I growled and out of raged shifted. 'Katie, calm down love it's ok. I understand.' Zane's voice filled my mind. 'Zane, I think right now I just wish to be alone...' I sighed and ran to a creek. 'Is that what you really want?' Zane's voice sounded funny, I couldn't tell the emotion in it. "Zane, I have no idea I am just so dam confused with fucking life right now! So much has happened in just a month and I-I-I don't know!" I had shifted back and hugged my knees to my chest as the tears continued to fall.

"There Katie, let it out. It's OK to let it out." Zane was in front of me, I couldn't stand it my emotions were out of control. I threw myself into his arms and just cried. Zane just rubbed my head and held me tightly. I am not sure how long we stayed like that, but I do know I loved it. 

I lost track of time as Zane held me when I finally spoke again. "I am sorry, I am just a fucking bipolar bitch right now aren't I?" I joked and he gave a slight smile as he wiped a tear from my face and kissed my cheek. "No, you are just wanting to do your best and it's frustrating you knowing you can't." I hid my face in his chest, "Why do you have to be so dam cute and understanding?" 

"Why do you have to be so cute and innocent one minute but a dam vixen the next?" Zane chuckled and I just blushed. "Be honest because now that I think of that I am curious, how did you become such a dam sex machine our first night, I know that was your first time but it didn't seem like it."

     "Well, when you have 50 shades of grey laying around and read it you can get a hint, and lets be honest there is porn lol." i blushed and rubbed the back of my neck. Zane looked flabbergasted, "My mate watches porn?" He held a hand over his heart. "Oh come on, you act like I am five. I have watched a few times but eh, nothing better than the real deal." I blushed as Zane held me tighter. "But hey guess what?" I smirked and pushed him off me. "What.." He grumbled sitting up and pouting like a baby. "I could kick your ass." I smiled and he laughed. "Babe you realize I am the strongest Alpha in the world?" He puffed his chest out with pride, my wolf purred in contempt. "Yeah and I am the strongest Luna." I mimicked him. "Touche."

I looked to the crystal water and sighed, the wind blew a little and man it felt nice. I felt a shift in the air and dodge just as Zane went to tackle me and instead fell face first in the lake, he came up pouting. "See, better." I smiled and he just laughed. 

"Well, i had planned to take you out to dinner tonight, shall we go?" Zane asked once he was completely dried, brushing himself off held his hand for me to grab. "Where to?" I asked and should've known that he would've pulled the classic "It's a surprise love. Just get dressed." I rolled my eyes as we raced back to the pack house, I stopped seeing a single crow in the trees. It looked directly at me and yelled three times before flying off, If I had only known that that was a bad omen.