18

Chapter 18

Tanner continued to groan and he even started to whimper. “How is that possible?” I was confused; I still didn't know much of the Werewolf world. “That means she is in around here, must not be of age yet. I want every warrior searching for danger, if anyone is in danger; Bring them to me! Male or female!” Zane ordered.

Anthony’s POV

Laying here in bed with my lovely mate, Amber; we were talking about nothing much until we heard  scream. Jumping up i pulled a shirt on over my head; Amber and i both rushed out of her room to outside where the scream came from. It was a young boy being beaten by older wolves and I growled.

“What the hell is going on?” I asked; even if I am not an alpha or high ranked in this pack, i  felt the need to protect him. “Amber, we were only teaching our boy a lesson! Don’t go and tell the Alpha or Beta if you know what's good for you girl!” The older man was drunk; i could smell the alcohol from here. “If You knew what is good for ya; you better watch how you talk to my mate. My wolf hates when someones disrespects her. Why are you beating the poor boy? What could he have done to be beaten?” My wolf was trying to take over but I was fighting it.

“My god! He has a broken arm! You lowlife!” Amber hissed and the male growled and that was it; I shifted and jumped the man as I assume his mate cried out and tried to attack me. I bit down on the man’s shoulder and threw him as the woman jumped on my back and hit me. I just rolled over and she whimpered but Amber snatched her up and pinned her to a tree.

“Please! Don’t kill them; they are still my parents and they are all I have left!” The beaten and battered boy cried out. My wolf turned to look at him and was confused. Even after this boy had what seemed to be one broken arm, a dislocated shoulder and fractured ribs; he still wanted them alive? “You shut the hell up you piece of shit! I am not your mother!” The woman cried in outrage and the boy but back a cry of pain. “Why still protect them?”Amber was also confused but the boy just looked down.

“It’s the parent bond; Snow can you stand?” A male voice spoke and I looked up. “Kyle, how are they? And why are you here?” Amber asked as the woman struggled with her; the man was knocked out cold. “Luna Kate woke up; but Beta Tanner....” Kyle looked down. “What is wrong with Beta Tanner?!” The young boy groaned. Our heads snapped to him as he was struggling to stand. “You are not with him. You like him do you not?” Kyle asked helping him stand. The boy blushed looking down and the woman snarled.

“Beta Tanner isn’t gay! Do not disrespect him! You are nothing but a fag! No one will love you!” The mother was in hysterics and to my surprise; Kyle snarled. “You dare disrespect you own child as such Elisabeth? He is your own flesh and blood; you are meant to love him no matter what! There is nothing wrong with being gay you low life bitch! If you keep speaking with that mouth of yours I will personally see to your tortured death.” Kyle had turned from a gentle looking giant to a fucking killer in just a few seconds and it honestly scared the shit out of me.

“Warrior Kyle; do you think I can be his mate?” Snow asked hopefully with a deep blush before groaning in pain. “Only one way to find out. Come with me.” Kyle gently picked the young boy up and rushed off towards the pack infirmary.

Tanner’s POV

Pain. Burning. A deep searing pain in my abdomen. Why have I not healed yet? God this pain is unbearable! I feel as though I am in hell! ‘Mate.’ My wolf whimpered and it felt as though my ribs were crushed and my shoulder was knocked out of place. I tried to scream out but no sound came.

Can I just die yet pleas? ‘Silver make healing slower.’ “You shut the hell up wolf!” I was in so much pain I felt as though a semi truck was running my body over but yet acid was being poured in my stomach. But then, a light touch on my forehead and all the pain vanished.

No more burning, no more pain. Its as if my body had been purified by one simple touch.

‘The touch of our mate.’