chapter seven

Ok guys sorry its taken me o long to update but I have just been busy and crap, plus I have a severe case of writer's block so yea, sorry but here we go. And forewarning this is probably not goanna be the best. Plus this is a filler, would have been longer but I have to pee and figured yall would like an update real quick.

Kate's POV

"What's a mate?" I asked confused and everyone just looked shocked. "Why don't you explain it Anthony, since you are the one that opened their big mouth." Zane snapped and Anthony paled. "Well, mates are umm soul mates. There that's what mates are!" Anthony smirked looking proud of himself and I raised an eyebrow. "So? Like husband and wife?" I eyed him and he seemed very uncomfortable with this; like he was lying. "Y-yeah." Anthony obviously lied. I growled getting frustrated with him lying. "Tell me the truth! Stop lying you are the absolute worst liar!" I snapped.

"Sis, you um. Well no way to put this lightly. You are a werewolf and so is everyone in this room. And mates are our soul mates, our other half that was chosen by the moon goddess herself." Anthony quickly rushed and I just stared at him confused. "You are joking right? Werewolves don't exist, they can't. They are fake. Now tell me what's really going on." I snapped sick of his games. "But Kate, werewolves are real, we are one. You just haven't shifted yet. But you will on your birthday." Derek got up and approached me. I slapped his hand away from me and stared at them all confused.

"Kate?" Derek was shocked and everyone just watched me. "Ok, you all can stop with this sick game! Werewolves aren't-real?" I gasped seeing Zane start shaking and soon a large wolf stood in his place, staring at me with his grey eyes, the same breath taking ones that Zane had.  I gasped and started to back up only for Tanner to smirk. "Don't try to run, male wolves love the chase and specially if its chasing their mate. Just stand there don't run." Tanner smirked watching me as the large white wolf with black tipped fur, which looked cool if he was a normal wolf, but he is a werewolf, stepped to me and I glared at it and when it came with in reaching distance I punched it as it licked my face and took off out the back door running as fast as I could.

A loud vicious growl was heard as Tanner chuckled and Anthony and Derek curse as heavy pounding started to chase me.  "KATE STOP!!!!! YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR INHALER!!!" Anthony's voice yelled in a warning and like that the pounding stopped but I didn't. Even when my chest started to feel tight I kept running until I reached a river and tripped and fell face first. I gasped sitting up, my chest was on fire and I was having a hard time breathing, I was a mess.  I started coughing and actually coughed blood up. I herd a twig snap and looked up to see Anthony standing there looking ashamed, holding my inhaler out to me. I looked at it as I was having a coughing fit and a growl made me look up scared. I seen Zane snatch my inhaler from Anthony's hand and gave it to me, he was only in basketball shorts and found myself wanting to jump his bones.

I quickly inhaled but when he or Anthony tried to walk closer to me I stepped away from them.  When I was finally able to breathe I stood up and took a step back, only to slip in the river. "KATE!" Anthony and Zane shouted reaching for me but as Zane grabs my hand I do the only thing I can think of. I bite his hand hard causing him to release me as I fell back into the water as it carried me down the stream. I admit it was pretty stupid but I did not want some freaking monster touching me.

Zane's POV

I grabbed Kate's hand and jerked her to me, only for her to bite my hand drawing blood. She bit me?! As a reaction to being bit I pulled back and she fell back in the river and she swam with the current down stream. My wolf growled at me. 'She marked us with a territorial claim somehow. But we need to save her!' My wolf growled as I rused down the bank only to have Anthony call to me and making me freeze. "She hates us, she is scared to death of us. She will never accept us or her shift for that matter." He sounded broken. "Your mate accepted you! I am not giving up on mine and we have to go save her!" I snarled and he scoffed. "She is a better swimmer than I am, she will be fine, we must for her to come home." Anthony sighed and started walking back to their house I growled but knew he was right and walked after him, my wolf and I really wanted to go after her but she needed her space.