Getting serious

Getting Serious

Mari left with Elijah weeks ago.

Today the Men's decathlon begins, and I promised him that I'd be watching.

I'm currently at the training centre with Lamar. He took over my training after I begged him and shined his stupid shoes for a week!

"Lamar, I feel like you are still trying to punish me. It's been three years!"

He's making me hollow hold with a ten-pound plate on my abs.

Every time I break, he makes me hold it longer.

"You are done when I say you are."

Afi walks into the building it's. It's been a while since I've seen her.

"Hm, I thought you'd be watching your boyfriend, he like just finished the 100-metre sprint and is currently in first place-"

I immediately get up and run to the office.

They are showing the replay.

He's doing so well.

"Lamar Turner, you are trying to ruin my life!"

"Once again, you wouldn't have been with him if it weren't for me!"

"Lamar, you knew how much it meant to me, and him that I watch!" I am very disappointed, and I'm making sure he can see that.

Lamar immediately apologizes.

We have a parent-child relationship.

He's been my father when my father wasn't there.

He kept me in dance when my parents thought it was a lost cause. He forced me in his car to shop for prom. He hasn't given up on me. My parents refuse to speak with me and are gatekeeping my sister. They believe I ruined my career.

Soon we watch the long jump.

I know Mari has always been nervous about the long jump.

He's been nervous ever since he heard Mayer and Warner were in his heat. That's a good thing. He's comparable to the best.

Three Canadians are in this heat.

Mari is the fastest runner in this event, and he's holding back because he fouled his first attempt.

He ends up with a 7.34, which isn't bad, but I know he can do so much more.

I am watching so intently. For shot put, Kevin Mayer just threw 16.82 metres.

He's celebrating.

One thing Mari hates is when people think they are so good that they don't even consider taking their third attempt.

Mari then throws his personal best a 16.81, and I know he's laughing on the inside but is keeping a straight face.

Overall he's third right now.

I do some training waiting around for the high jump to start.

I still hate that event with a burning passion.

When it does begin, I notice that Mari's starting height is 1.90 metres. He's never-

I pick up my phone.

"Elijah, what the heck?"

"Izzy, you know he is fine. I can hear you very well. I'll tell him you are watching bye!"

Bastard.

Mari makes it to 2.2 metres.

Soon enough, we watch the four hundred. Mari and I are similar when it comes to our sport. We both flourish when we run.