Dance class

Dance Class

A ton of stuff has happened over the past year.

It's funny, not in a funny way though. My mom broke my jaw. I had to have it wired shut.

For three months.

I've had my mouth wired shut in the past because I was an ugly preteen it's not funny. I had to wear a head guard for my entire freshman year.

But back, then it was only for two weeks, and no one noticed because it's not like I spoke back then.

So I had to go back home. Mom was not arrested. I was closely watched by my teachers and coaches.

People actually started talking to me like a human.

It freaked me out. Some people still run their mouths, but what are you gonna do?

Mari and I are still together.

I trained hard with the team. I still do. I've improved a ton, and I am invited to go to the Olympics. I am allowed to bring three people.

So, of course, I gave Mari a place.

I asked my birth givers, and they said that they were working. How will they know they are working next year?

I asked Lamar, and he has his business to run. That was a valid reason.

I even asked Amarion's friends, and they said they would but don't want to because Amarion is a wuss around me. I can't argue. I know it's true.

I asked our managers. They wouldn't be caught dead in public together.

So I went to the last two people I'd ever want to ask.

Stella and Chelsea. And, of course, they said they want to go.

So next year we will have the time of our lives.

Other than that, I've helped Amarion finish his grieving. He was just so angry all the time and just needed a moment to throw his thoughts and feelings in the open.

So I took him into the forest and literally told him to yell and scream till he calmed down. He ended up laughing. He told me about the good memories he had with Chance, and we went on with our lives.

I'm in my senior year.

People saw me with team Canada and want to be my friends. It's funny how the people who once mocked me were treating me like their my fans.

Through all my training, my clothes were ultimately destroyed in ways I can't even begin to explain.

Stella got a car. The first thing she wanted to do was take me shopping, so that's what happened.

She changed my entire style, which I like. It's me.

I haven't seen Amarion in a while. He's been on vacation with his parents.

It's the first day of school. I see him. I dash towards him and hug him.

He looks at me like I'm insane for a good ten seconds before, "oh my gosh, it's you." And he hugs me back.

"What are you talking about?" I pull away from him.

"You're hair. You're clothes. You." He exaggerates.

I scoff, "Yes, it's called weave. I need protection for my hair. I needed new clothes. Mari, all I'm wearing are cargo pants and a cropped sweater. I changed my bag. A regular backpack causes to my stress to my back so I got a duffle bag. Do you not like it?" I look up at him.

"This confidence, what happened to the shy, angry girl from a couple of months ago?" He says as we walk into the school.

We get to our lockers which are conveniently beside each other this year. We open them up, and our schedules fly out.