She Made Her Choice

She Made Her Choice

When I get to the building at three in the morning, Dad isn't there. I wait fifteen minutes till I decide to walk up.

Before I can even knock, the door swings open, and I walk into the last person I'd ever want to walk into, "Ewwwww!" I over-exaggerate.

"Izzy! Great seeing you again." The man tries hugging me.

I step back, "if you want children in your future, you better get away from me."

"Giv, who are you- Izzy!" Stella joins the conversation. She's in a towel.

"I thought you don't bring people here?" I look past the dude.

"Well, I didn't want to leave, so he came here. Now Giv leave." She shrugs.

He walks past me.

I walk into the apartment.

"Where's your father?" I go to sit on the couch-

"You don't want to sit there," Stella says before I hit the cushion.

"I don't want to play this game. Stell, where can I sit?" I look at her like she's crazy.

She's really thinking about it!

She looks at multiple places. Then slowly shakes her head.

"You can sit in my room." She smiles.

"There is no way-"

"Do you want me to explain what happened?" She giggles.

My horrid expression gives her an answer.

"Izzy, don't look at me like that. We weren't intimate tonight. Givy was just dancing, and you don't like being where he's touched. And the floor is unavoidable soooooo."

"Just tell me where Dad is? Please?"

"He didn't tell you? They left three days ago, Izzy."

I cannot believe this man.

I roll my eyes and head towards the door.

"Izzy?"

I turn around to face my younger sister.

She asks me a question, "what's your problem with Mom and Dad?" She says it as if she's scared of my response, which proves my point that her view of her parents shouldn't change because of my relationship with them.

"It's nothing, Stell," I try and blow it off.

"Izzy, don't leave."

I keep my hand on the knob. "Stella, it doesn't matter." I open the door.

"It doesn't matter that my sister and parents are constantly yelling about things I don't understand? That you at times end up enraged and crying. That Amarion freaks out whenever you are with them? Izzy, you can talk to me-"

"Stella, let it go!"

"Walk out that door, and I'm gone."

I whip my head back to face her, "You cannot be serious right now!"

"Put yourself in my shoes." She says.

All emotion fades from my eyes. "I will never understand yours as you will never understand mine." I walk out the door.

Stella and I were never close in the first place. It'll be like how it was if she wants it to be. I'm not going to fight with someone who considers stepping out of my life.

...

I do my own training.

I keep running until I can't move anymore.