A lot

A Lot

The last time I was in New York, I was chasing down the King of Pop as he was about to get on a bus.

There were so many people trying to get to him. As a small child, I was pushed and practically trampled on.

Luckily, I was pushed to Michael's feet.

He was upset at the people who pushed me, but he signed my blanket and stayed with me till my Dad and Lamar found me again.

I can say that will probably be my favourite day of all time.

Walking down Madison Square is kinda depressing now.

Yet I make it to Cy's building.

I try walking past the front desk to be stopped by security and the lady at the desk.

I try explaining who I am, and they don't budge.

"Call Cyrus. Or Aaliyah." I tell them.

"Mr. Klaine is currently having lunch with Ms-"

I whip out my phone, holding it to my ear, "Cyrus, I know you did not just blow off your front desk lady. You can make out with my best friend when you aren't at work! Tell them to let me through before I force my way up there to beat you up!"

Clearly, everyone around me is currently experiencing Cy's second-hand embarrassment, and I don't care. Now they know Cy and Liyah are dating.

When I hang up, the office phone rings as the lady answers it.

"Ms. Jackson, you are always welcomed."

And I race up.

Does this guy have workers who are male? Who isn't security?

All these women are giving me stink eyes, and I know they are whispering about me.

Before I reach the double doors, I assume to be his office, Cyrus walks out, closing the door behind him.

"Cy, get out of my way."

He places his hands on my shoulders and speaks quietly and calmly. "Hey, calm down. We were preparing for your arrival."

I roll my eyes, "you wanna tell your workers that I'm your sister, not your whore."

He gasps, "they didn't."

I grit my teeth, "look at them staring at us!"

Cy keeps me close with an arm around my shoulder and walks to the center of everything.

"Ladies, I'd like you to meet the woman who is the face of our athletic line."

They all have fake smiles on.

Cyrus continues to speak, "I think you guys are well aware of my backstory. And how I declined the offer of a family who wanted to take me in because I was going to be an adult and thought I should take on the world on my own. To this day, I still consider them as my family. So let me introduce my sister, Izzy Jackson."

And now there is a genuine reaction.

"IZZY!"

I look to my left.

"Aaliyah!" We dash towards each other as she practically jumps in my arms.

"Ladies, we are in a professional environment."

Liyah and I both stare the man down, "TALK TO ME AND MY BEST FRIEND LIKE THAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU!" We yell at him.

He runs a hand down his face, "I apologize for the interruption. Please, everyone, get back to work. And I apologize in advance for the destruction these two best friends are capable of."