It's not a big deal...I'm going to Rio

It's not a Big Deal... I'm Going to Rio

I guess my birthday has been a regular thing.

Two years ago, my sister and Mari decided that we walk the town and go sightseeing with Nolan, Kris, Cyrus and Aaliyah.

Imagine living in a place but never pretended to be a tourist for the day.

We went to the CN tower and took way too many subways for the fun of it.

It was really nice.

Besides the fact that many people assumed Mari and Stell were together.

I shrugged it off. I don't see it. People act like two dark skins can't be together.

Then last year, for my birthday Mari and I went to sick kids. We just volunteered for the day. We got to meet some great kids.

But enough about birthdays.

"I'll see you at the end of the day, alright," Mari backs away from my hug.

We are at qualifiers.

Mari changed his lifestyle. He focused on what I said about his drag, and he's now faster than me, probably weighs ten more pounds in muscle, and he now lifts more than me. I'm kind of mad about that, but I don't want big muscular arms, so it's okay.

Before I could respond to Mari, I feel a tap on my shoulder.

I turn around and smile, "I'm glad you kept our deal." I say.

She laughs, "you look like you're used to talking to people now."

I glance at the man, "Mari, Katarina. Katarina, this is my boyfriend."

They shake hands, and Mari gets on his way with Eli.

Before this whole thing starts up again, I look up the spectators and find my family. I just like to know they are here.

"Izzy, I want you to give it everything. No holding back, you know what the real thing is like you can do it." Lamar says.

I went to the championships and didn't do too well. I was a nervous wreck. And I was really thinking, that the track is the only place that I feel confident.

I can do this.

We start with the hurdles.

I cross the line first.

I immediately put on my noise-cancelling headphones and take a seat. I want no distractions.

Afi gives me a water bottle and a thumb up.

Moving on to the high jump. Who in the world thought that this was a good, fun sport?

I foul out at 1.82 metres.

I calm my mind. I can't be fired up if I want to do well for shot put.

My best is around 14 metres, and I'm throwing it. Literally.

I am losing my mind.

My first attempt barely made it past 12 metres.

My second attempt 12.83.

I take a deep breath for this last one.

I shake my hands a bit before raising the shot put to my neck area.

I count in my head.

One

Two

I let out a battle cry releasing the shot put. When it lands, I break and smile.