Chapter 23- This is Ninjago

The weapon hit the edge of the building's roof and flipped to the ground. The Ninjas watched as the golden trident fell onto a Son of Garmadon. Lucky for the criminal, the chain he was carrying saved him from being injured.

"Well, that works." Kai tilted his head.

"Wait." Lloyd squinted at the trident and vengestone chain's interaction.

"What?" Nya looked at Lloyd.

"Look."

All the Ninjas looked at the girl rubbing her head on the ground.

"The trident!" Lloyd tried to clear his point.

"Oh!" Zane read Lloyd's thoughts.

Soon the scene caught the other Ninja's attention. The trident seemed to be melting against the vengestone.

"It makes sense now!" Kai smiled hysterically.

"Wait what?" Jay looked at Kai in confusion.

"Vengestone doesn't allow the trident's hardness to work," Nya explained. "The stubbornness of the trident is because of the substance it's made of."

"Oh!" Jay figured.

"Quick! We need to get that trident." Lloyd looked at the girl, pick up the damaged weapon.

"Everyone seems busy." Kai pulled his chains, making the owner of the keys fall forward.

"Whoa-" The man fell.

"Sandwich!" Jay jumped on the guy.

The other Ninjas joined in, stacking on top of the criminal.

"Hey!" another pulled them off.

"Hiyaa!" Kai kicked him off. "Hey." He pulled his victim up by his collar. "Do me a favour."

And without further discussion, Kai swung the Son of Garmadon towards the girl with the trident.

"Watch out!" The man yelled as he flew into the girl, causing her to collapse once again.

"Get me my trident!" Victor pointed down from the building.

"Yes, Victor." Jaxon ran to the building's bulkhead.

"Hold it still!" The Sons of Garmadon possessed the Ninja's chains once again.

They were all on their feet.

"Anyone?" Nya whispered.

Cole wiggled the keys in his hands gently.

"Yes!" Jay broke the silence.

"My keys!" The young man realized, checking his pockets and belt.

"Free us, Cole," Lloyd yelled.

"Give me that!" Jaxon opened his hand towards the girl after looking at the unevenly leveled pavement he almost tripped over.

The girl handed the weapon to him and stood up.

"Ahh... I'm so passing this internship." Jaxon pointed the trident at the Ninja.

"Cole! Watch out!" Jay yelled.

An energy ball departed the tip of the trident. Cole quickly unlocked his chains, but there wasn't enough time to escape the attack. He raised his hands in front of his face and the chains came off due to the pressure.

"Get us out, Cole." Lloyd attacked the Sons of Garmadon that were preventing him from moving.

"Yeah okay, but someone stop Jaxon!" Cole unlocked Jay's cuffs.

"I'll handle him." Kai pushed back the man holding his chains and slipped into the alley. He was taking a new route to make a surprise attack.

Jay screamed, dodging another energy ball from Jaxon.

"Not so fast!" Kai grabbed the trident from the top of its staff.

"What-" Jaxon looked at Kai, shocked.

The Master of Fire made his own way around the building.

"Give me the trident!" The intern pulled the weapon towards him.

"These are our powers!" Kai pulled the trident with his chained hands.

"But I possess it now!" Jaxon pulled again.

The dangling chain from Kai's wrists wrapped around the trident in all the pulling. The light burning caught his attention, popping a new plan in his mind.

"But good always wins." Kai began randomly.

"Not always." Jaxon looked at Victor, who was running down the stair tower of the building.

"But this round it does." Kai gripped on the trident for a few more seconds.

"You're wasting your time in this pep-talk."

"I only needed you to be occupied for a few minutes," Kai smirked.

"Huh?" Jaxon's eyes dragged towards the burning.

And with a small popping sound, the staff detached from the trident's head. Jaxon fell back with the empty staff in his hands.

"See ya." Kai double raised his brows.

"Stop!" Victor ran towards his trident but his bad luck made him trip over the Sons of Garmadon that littered the floor. "Ugh!"

"Throw your vengestone on this, guys!" Kai threw the remaining trident at a criminal, bonking his head.

The Ninjas threw their chains over the golden piece. Smoke rose as the gold melted, revealing the shiny marbles embedded deep inside it.

"No, no, no!" Victor stood up, rubbing his elbow. Harumi caught up to him and stood beside him. His intern stood up as well with the support of the broken staff.

The gold melted completely and the marbles rolled out from beneath the stacked vengestone chains, unharmed.

"Wow." Kai picked up the red marble.

"I can't wait to possess my lighting again!" Jay held the blue marble between his index finger and thumb.

All the Ninja possessed their own marbles, Lloyd holding the yellow one as well.

"Victor," Lloyd turned to face his enemy. "This is Ninjago."

Knowing their cues, the Ninjas all turned to look at the upset reaction of Victor.

"This is for burning our forests." Kai threw the red marble on the ground with great force.

"This is for flooding our beaches." Nya hit the aqua marble on the ground and stepped on it.

"This is for freezing our slums and volcanoes." Zane squished the white marble between his titanium fingers.

"This is for quaking our Serpentine tombs and subways." Cole squeezed the orange marble between the chains he was still holding.

"This is for taking our power source." Jay smashed the blue marble on the floor.

"This is for destroying our buildings." Lloyd put the green marble on the ground and stepped on it. "I don't know who else is a victim of your cruelty but, this is for the arson you set to my house." He closed the yellow marble in his fist and released a small energy ball using his returned powers.

They all had their powers returned to them now and were able to possess them again.

"And now, we fix your mistakes." Kai opened his hand as flames lit upon it.

"Come on Jaxon. We're out." Victor grabbed his intern's hand and turned around.

"Hey what about me?" Harumi opened her arms to Victor.

"No one's going anywhere." Cole touched the ground with both his hands, making a huge rock wall in front of Victor and Jaxon.

"Seriously?" Victor swore under his breath.

The Ninjas proudly walked to arrest Victor as the citizens cheered for their success.