Chapter 13- A New Message

"Victor!" Harumi waved at him.

The young man cursed under his breath and stomped over to Harumi.

"You found me. Where's the trident?"

"Listen up you little piece of-" Victor began.

"Hey hey! What's with the tone?" Harumi stood up.

"Because it's all your fault."

"My fault? You're the one who went out to find them!" Harumi yelled.

"Why were you in such a hurry to take your ex-boyfriend out?"

"Hey! Don't give him that title. We have no relationship!" Harumi pointed in his face. "And I only tried to take him away so we can have him hostage in case things went wrong."

"We would have had him hostage if you hadn't gone out!" Victor opened his arms in complaint.

"Look, you tried and failed, and so did I. Now stop whining and let's make a plan about what we need to do next." Harumi crossed her arms with a long face.

Victor smacked his lips and walked down to the back of the river and sat. It was dawn now. They had spent their night alone, finding each other to continue their mission. The sun's bright orange glow reflected in the river and the soft wind blew a few leaves off the trees.

"Hey." Harumi walked down the small hill to Victor. "I have a question?" She crouched beside him.

"Hmm?" Victor threw a rock in the river.

"What was your past?"

"We promised to never ask about our past!" Victor said with irritation.

"Yes, I know. But you know my past." Harumi sat.

"You told me by your own choice. I don't want to tell." Victor looked at Harumi. "We're villains. And my goal, you know."

"Yeah, whatever. I was only asking if there was something in your home place, useful to me. I have no interest in your crappy life anyway." Harumi stood up. "Now get up. We gotta find another headquarters. And get some people too, if possible." She walked back up.

Victor scoffed. He threw the last rock and followed Harumi.

* * *

Kai hit the trident on the ground.

"Kai, what are you doing?" Nya yelled.

Kai let out a painful echo from the pain he received from hitting the weapon on the ground. The vibration traveled through every bone in his body.

"Let's not try that again." He idly froze, still holding the trident.

"Let me try." Jay pulled the trident out of his hands.

"Wait!" Nya stopped him. "It's not going to break. It looks like it's made from some real strong alloy."

"Ha, yeah. Like the Golden Weapons?" Cole opened his hand in suggestion.

"Yeah but it's clearly not that." Nya one-sided smiled in hope.

"It's friction," Lloyd repeated again and again.

"Lloyd, quit mumbling words that make no sense and are useless to figuring out how to remove these things." Kai rambled.

"But it does!" Lloyd looked up from his thoughts. "Remember when Harumi said it wasn't meant to be burnt, it was friction?"

"Yeah? I think so." Kai looked up to think.

"At that time they most likely already had the trident and that element in it."

"We don't even know where it's from. If it's even from a living being!" Kai said.

"Yes, but, we could guess the element is friction. We can ask Sensei Wu about it. If he knows anyone with this element." Lloyd spread the idea.

"Oh ya! Good point." Kai pointed a finger.

"Ask me what?" Sensei Wu walked into the Ninja's headquarters that Pixal made under the monastery.

"Master Wu!" The Ninjas turned to the old man with the long white beard.

"We were just going to ask you about this unknown element we discovered. Or at least I think so." Lloyd rubbed the back of his head in doubt.

"What is it?" Master Wu stopped in front of the table.

Pixal took possession of the trident from the Ninja who were in a more playful mood at the moment.

"This." She placed it on the table.

"This marble already possesses some sort of power. I think it's an elemental one. And with the clues, we've got. Maybe it's friction, the element?" Lloyd explained. "Do you know anyone with such power?"

"Hmm." Master Wu rubbed his beard. "I fear not."

The Ninjas let out a sigh of disappointment.

"See Lloyd? You're stressing about nothing! I'm telling you it's the original power of  the trident." Kai repeated himself.

"Well, then what power does the trident possess?" Lloyd put his hand on his hips, frustrated.

"We'll figure that once we get the marbles out." Kai looked at the shiny marbles, glowing without a single scratch even after all the attempts they did.

"We can force Victor to spill some information if we get hold of him," Zane said.

"We don't even know where in Ninjago that imbecile is!" Kai complained, losing his patience.

"And we won't figure until he leaves a blueprint." Nya sighed, and crossed her arms.

"A blueprint!" Kai smiled.

"Yes?" Nya looked up at him.

"That's it! We need a blueprint to find where he is!"

"Yeah, we know." Nya frowned at Kai's comment which repeated Nya's words.

"Let's go find a blueprint," he said.

"Bro, where are we going to go search for a blueprint?" Nya dropped her arms.

"Oh. Right." Kai dropped the smile. "That's the same as looking for him, himself."

The silence of inquiry was diminished by a phone call. Lloyd pulled out his phone and attended the call.

"Yes, sir?"

It was the commissioner.

"We've got a message from your, uhm, friend," the commissioner spoke with his mouth on the phone. "It's Victor?"

Lloyd looked up at the Ninjas in surprise. Their problem was solved by doing nothing at all. It was very grateful for the Police to support the Ninjas in such harsh times. After all, they did an honourable job to keep Ninjago safe.

"We're on our way!" Lloyd rushed the call to an end. "Come on, guys."

"Lloyd." Koko found her way into the base.

"Mom?" Lloyd paused before heading out.

"Where are you going?"

"Just a small mission. It's the police," Lloyd comforted his only normal dear parent.

"Be safe," Koko prayed for her son.

"Your house has been renovated and fixed." The old man looked at Koko with serenity. "I'll take your mother home, safely, while you're out." He looked back at Lloyd.

"Thanks, Uncle Wu." Lloyd smiled then dashed to the exit door to catch up to his friends.

"I'll stay back at the monastery in case the Ninja need me." Pixal smiled.

Master Wu nodded and led Koko out with him.

The trident rested on the table, reflecting the white lights shining over it. Was it safe to keep something unknown in your place? And was Pixal enough for its protection?