Chapter 22- Our Home in Ruins

"How is it, Lloyd?" Victor's voice projected from an alley behind the Ninja.

They all turned to face the sudden approach.

"Victor," Lloyd mumbled in anger.

"You'll pay for this!" Kai pulled out his sword and jumped towards Victor.

The anger had full control over the Ninjas, making them forget the power Victor now possessed. Using Jay's lightning, Victor electrocuted Kai.

"Hey, not fair!" Jay rushed to help Kai.

"Don't move." The possessor of the trident gave the blue ninja a taste as well.

"Ow, ow, ow!" Jay twitched and dropped his nunchucks. "Now I know how that feels."

Kai and Jay shook on the ground until the last shockwave departed their bodies.

"Ninjago is in crisis." Victor clutched his trident.

Suddenly, the ground started shaking. A few nearby manholes popped open and water burst out.

"What's happening?" Nya yelled, grabbing onto the nearest pole.

"What did you do, Victor?" Lloyd asked.

"Oh, nothing. Just messed with the serpentine tombs underground. And the subway-"

"What?" Cole's jaw dropped.

"Tie 'em up, already!" Victor pointed the trident at Lloyd, just an inch from his eye.

A few dozen Sons of Garmadon revealed themselves from the darkness of the alleys. They were carrying vengestone chains.

"We don't have our powers." Lloyd hugged the pole, almost tripping over the cracked floor.

"You never know when good can prevail over evil," Victor smirked. "I need to get to that building." He pointed up. "For my gran finally."

"Of course." Harumi led the way, being the only villain supporting Victor who knew Ninjago.

"Hey!" Cole pulled his arm back to prevent them from being chained.

"Don't you guys get it? They're destroying Ninjago! Our home!" Zane tried to convince the criminals.

"We have another home. Victor promised to take us there." a man replied without hesitation as he tightened the chains.

A new home, those words completely escaped Lloyd and the Ninjas' heads. Too much was happening and all too fast. The six individuals could not waste a single second to think any new information through.

"What's he gonna do now?" Jay looked up at Victor, who was climbing the stair tower of the building.

"Lloyd's turn." Nya looked at Lloyd, knowing his energy was way too powerful for Ninjago to handle; or well, whatever was left of Ninjago.

The Ninjas looked at the terrified people screaming, water from sewers flooding the streets, cars crashing and people's properties sinking into the cracked pavements. The funny thing was, this wasn't the first time this happened to Ninjago. The Great Devourer also caused equal damage and so did the Overlord. The six heroes were held hostage near the alley and weren't allowed to leave.

"And that, Jaxon, is how you destroy a city, the beginning of destroying a world." Victor pointed his trident at a building ahead. 

He gripped firmly onto the staff and watched as a green energy ball departed the tip of the prong. In a flash, it hit the bottom of the building he aimed at, causing it to break and collapse onto the ground.

"Whoa!" Jaxon awed. "Can I try?"

"Since we're at it. Might as well." Victor smiled at Harumi as he handed Jaxon the trident.

"Lloyd!" Nya pointed her tied hands at Victor. "He's destroying the last few buildings that actually remained."

"And the people?" Kai panicked.

"We need to stop him." Cole tried to break the chains.

The Ninjas got busy trying to free themselves, while buildings fell from shot after shot.

"We need to get the trident away from him." Lloyd looked up at Jaxon.

"You know what freaks me out. Jaxon freaks me out. He has a freaking intern!" Kai ran out of breath saying that.

"In that case, it should be easier," Lloyd smirked. "Pixal? Pixal? Do you copy?"

All the Ninjas waited patiently for a reply through all the noise.

"Is it broken?" Lloyd pressed his earpiece. "Can you hear me?"

"Loud and clear!" Pixal finally replied.

"Pixal!" The Ninja yelled in unison.

"Oh, thank goodness you replied!" Zane sighed in relief.

"Pixal, we need you to get the trident away from Jaxon," Lloyd explained as he examined the situation one last time.

"I'm sorry. I don't think I will be able to reach you guys in time. Or Jaxon." Pixal's tone dropped.

All the Ninjas dropped their smiles and exchanged looks.

"But I know who can help you."

And the cheerful smiles returned bigger and wider.

"Well, you better do it fast, Pixal," Lloyd said.

"That building Victor is standing on isn't an ordinary building." Pixal scanned through the last working cameras on her screen.

"She can see us?" Kai questioned randomly.

"It's Grand Sensei Dareth's Dojo Mojo." Pixal finished.

"Dareth-" Cole repeated. "Are you sure he's gonna help?"

"He just needs to get the trident." Pixal paused.

"Okay." Cole laughed nervously. "I guess he can do that?"

"I'll contact him ASAP." Pixal ended the connection.

"Well, that's something to watch." Kai turned around and looked up at Victor in wait for some action.

* * *

"What?" Dareth squealed. "So you're saying that the destroyer of my city is on my building?"

"Yes." Pixal's voice muffled from Dareth's telephone.

"Oh, they'll pay for that! Watch when the Ninja kick some butt!"

"The Ninjas are occupied at the moment. You would have to take the trident from them."

"Wait what? Me?" The so-called Brown Ninja's eyes popped out.

"It's a request from the Ninja," Pixal added for motivation.

"A request? Well, I certainly can't say no to that." Dareth gulped.

"It's a golden trident." Pixal finished. "Good luck!"

And with that, the call ended.

"Oh my. How am I supposed to-" Dareth shivered as he walked to the stairs leading to the roof.

He continuously repeated the instructions and a few other motivational lines.

"You can do this. Just some weird guy with some weird trident." He looked out at Jaxon through the bulkhead on the building's roof.

"Okay." He took a deep breath and walked out. "Listen up you little-"

Victor, Harumi, and Jaxon turned their heads to see who was interrupting their final actions. Dareth was interrupted from finishing his sentence. His first step was a slip over a wet cloth.

"Oh no," Kai whispered from below.

"Watch out!" Harumi reached her hand out towards Jaxon.

Dareth slid right into Jaxon, dropping the trident out of his hand.

"No!" Victor tried to grab the trident before it fell off the building.