Chapter 19- The Greatest Villain

"Who are you?" Zane's voice echoed in the empty washroom.

The door was locked and the vents were sealed. It was silent. Zane stood in his position, ready for anything. He spun his shurikens and held them ready to be thrown.

"Let me out!" he attempted one last time.

"Right after I get those ice powers, you can leave." A new face stepped into the light, crutching onto the trident.

* * *

"Ready?" Lloyd asked over the radio.

"Yep," Kai confirmed.

"Set." Cole nodded.

"All set." Nya pressed on her earpiece.

"Okay," Lloyd swung over the staircase and balanced onto his fours when he reached the top.

"Huh?" Harumi swung her head back to see the source of the creaking wood. "Victor!"

"Not so fast!" Kai swung from the hanging lights onto the weapon in Victor's hands. "Ouch!"

Lloyd's eyes widened as he stood up in confusion.

"What the heck?" Kai rubbed his chin from the pain when it hit the floor. "Where's the trident?" The hot head kicked the colourful bottles and broomstick.

Harumi and Victor's laughter forced Kai and Lloyd to look at them.

"No trident?" Jay's voice interrupted Kai's soft swearing under his breath. "I swear I saw the shiny marbles though!"

"Oh, I can't believe they actually fell for it." Victor high-fived Harumi. "It was a great plan!"

Harumi snorted as she tried to conclude her evil chuckles.

"What happened, Lloyd?" She wiped a tear.

"He looks so disappointed." Victor turned around and laughed, leaning over the balcony.

"You guys are so disorganized at times. Like, honestly," Harumi began.

"Where's the trident?" Lloyd clenched his fists.

"Screw the trident, you poor little thing. Do you have any idea where your nindroid friend is?" Harumi walked over to Lloyd in a teasing manner.

"Zane?" Lloyd relaxed his hands. "Well of course we do. He was supposed to freeze this place once we got hold of the trident. He's right there." Lloyd looked over Harumi's shoulders, tip-toeing.

All the Ninjas looked to see where Zane was supposed to be.

"Zane?" Lloyd pressed on his earpiece. "Zane!" He finally realized he was missing.

"You don't see him because he's not there, genius." Harumi crossed her arms.

"You idiots!" Kai charged at Victor, toppling him over the balcony.

They both fell as screams filled the crowd around them.

"There's always a plan B." Lloyd spun Harumi and grabbed her wrists behind her.

"It's too late now, Lloyd." She smirked.

"Get out." Cole shoved the criminals out of the shop, irritated.

"Where's Zane?" Lloyd spoke into Harumi's ear.

"Ouch." The Quiet One twitched as his voice made its way into her ear. "You don't gotta yell, ya know."

"Where is he?" Lloyd increased his volume.

"Gosh! I don't know." She shrugged.

"Screw you." The Green Ninja eyed Nya to bring something to tie Harumi with.

"I hate you so much!" Kai threw in some punches at Victor.

"Hey, hey! Take it easy there, tiger." Victor dodged his punches, trying to push him off at the same time.

"Why did I bring these?" Kai pulled out a sword. "Give him back!" He put his weapon against Victor's neck. "Or else-" Kai began.

"Or else what?" Victor pushed his arm back.

"Or else we'll have to get all Ninja up on ya!" Kai pushed forward.

"What does that even mean?" Victor asked, concerned.

"Ha! Not gonna work this time." Kai smirked.

Victor looked up at Harumi in confusion.

"Don't ask." Harumi shrugged from the balcony, as Nya tied her hands to the ledge.

"Enough!"  A boy walked out of the washrooms with the trident in his hand.

"Ahh..." Victor sighed in relief. "Jaxon!"

"Jaxon?" The Ninjas looked at one another in unison.

"Ready when you are." Victor faced Kai again.

"Huh?" Kai looked at him in confusion.

Suddenly, a shocking current shot through Kai, breaking his thoughts of why Victor wasn't attempting to resist him anymore.

"Ow!" Kai twitched. "Jay, you're powers are my least favourite now." He fell to the ground, blue electricity still circulating him.

"Hey! Not my fault you've seen only the bad side." Jay ran to get the trident from Jaxon.

"Stay back!" Jaxon swung the trident towards Jay and fire flamed out towards him.

The Blue Ninja screamed and paused with a frightened look. "And I don't like fire. Nope!" he concluded.

Victor stood up and wiped his clothes. "Alright, intern."

Without further ado, Victor's buddy tapped the trident on the ground and ice emerged from the bottom of the staff. All the Ninjas watched as the ice covered their bodies to their heads.

"Lloyd-" Kai uttered as he tried to move his body.

"Thank you." Harumi stood up as Victor pulled the rope into his hands.

"Why didn't you just kill us? Why leave the heads so we can breathe?" Cole yelled in frustration.

"I don't kill." Victor tied a bow on Lloyd's head with the rope.

"The guy doesn't kill. Hello? Are you all hearing this?" Kai said in anger. "You're a darn villain!"

Victor chuckled. "The greatest villain isn't a villain who kills. The greatest villain is the one who gets away."

Kai and Cole looked at each other, then at Harumi. Harumi dismissed their shocked reactions with a wink.

"We'll get going now." Victor jumped off the ledge and slid on the ice to reach Jaxon. "That looks cute." He pointed at the bow he made on Lloyd's head then took his trident and left.

Harumi and Jaxon laughed at his last comment and followed him.

It was silent in the room. Condensation filled the emptiness as the Ninjas relaxed their breathing.

"That's it!" Kai groaned. "I'm cold." He made puppy eyes.

Cole and Nya rolled their eyes in distress.

"Are we just going to wait for the ice to melt?" Kai looked at Lloyd.

"Yup." Lloyd tried to shake off the rope from his head.

"Zane?" Kai shouted at the washrooms. "Heh. He's prolly disconnected." He sighed. "Mhm."