Chapter 16- Inch Away

"Pixal!" Zane rushed in.

The others were still departing the Bounty. It was silent and the Ninja wasn't surprised to see the rampaged house and broken gates. Soft muffling noises alerted Zane's ears. He parkoured over the messed-up items and opened the elevator. The Ninjas followed right after him, knowing where the sound was coming from.

The elevator took the Ninjas to the base ground where they saw a head detached from its body. That too, the arm was missing from the whole part.

"Oh, Pixal!" Zane rushed over and held her head in his hands. "What have they done to you?" He looked at the body and began fixing her right away.

"Leave, Zane." Pixal glitched. She wasn't connected to her power source— which was in the heart— making it difficult to talk.

"I'm not leaving you." He fixed her head onto the neck.

"It's a trap!" Pixal managed to spit out.

"Gotcha!" Victor jumped out from the dark.

It was unexpected. The Ninja turned to see the two hold grasp of Nya and Jay.

"Ouch!" Nya closed an eye. "What warrior pulls hair?"

"I'm sure you did too." Harumi held Nya's arms behind her and kept her firm, pulling her head back by her hair.

Nya tried to look at Jay if he was okay. Victor left no space for comfort. He was nudging harder and harder by every passing second, wrapping his elbow around Jay's neck.

"Don't move!" he commanded, lowering the trident in his hand.

He kneed Jay between his shoulder blades, causing him to collapse to the ground with painful noises.

"Victor! Stop!" Lloyd took a step forward.

"I'm okay!" Jay looked up, nervously smiling.

"Oh, you won't be." Victor stepped on Jay's foot to keep him from escaping and touched the trident to his chest.

"Jay!" Nya flinched forward in an attempt to stop Victor.

Harumi pulled her back. What she didn't know was that she was messing with the wrong couple. Nya elbowed Harumi then slid her leg beneath her. The Quiet one tripped and hit the ground.

It was too late. Blue light shined in Jay's marble. Nya was rushing to Jay so she couldn't manage to stop.

Zane touched the ground from the other side of the room. Ice traveled fast and covered a straight line with a solid layer of it. He froze Nya and Victor in their positions. Only an inch difference. Nya stood with her hands resting on the two end prongs of the trident, the middle one nearly touching her. Both their legs were completely frozen and their arms partially.

All the Ninjas paused for a moment to look at the situation then they took their roles. Victor managed to blow in some strength in his arm and nudged the trident forward, causing it to touch Nya.

"No!" she cried out, as the trident drained her powers out of her.

Harumi got up and pressed a random button she thought would help. The floor parted, opening a ditch where normally there would be a vehicle.

Cole rushed over to Jay and helped him up. Victor freed his hand from the ice and clutched the trident in case someone attempted to take it from him. Zane held onto Pixal's single hand at the moment, keeping her from falling.

Nya and Victor dropped into the lower level. The ice broke into pieces and they both groaned in pain.

Lloyd found this as a great opportunity to make a move and jumped down, aiming for the trident. Victor swung the trident away from him but Lloyd held on.

"Let it go, Ninja!" Victor pulled the trident.

Lloyd hitched forward with the trident then back, as Victor tried to free his weapon.

Kai grabbed Nya's arm and put it around his neck. Cole and Kai helped the two friends to the side and got onto the battlefield. No one realized that Harumi had climbed out by now. They were all focused on Victor.

"Off the floor!" Zane touched his hand to the wall of the lower level from up top, causing the entire floor to cover in a thick layer of ice.

Kai slipped and hit his head. "Ouch!"

Cole held his hammer and slid around on the ice. Victor and Lloyd maintained their balance using each other's weight since they were both still holding onto the trident.

Lloyd pulled on the trident making Victor drop to his knees.

Victor's legs shook as he fell. "What are you doing?" he said, irritated. Victor didn't like skating and he surely didn't know how to.

Lloyd smirked then leaned back on the wall and spun the trident to his other side.

"Whoa-" Victor hit the wall and the trident slipped out of his hand. He spun smoothly on the ice.

Lloyd pulled the trident back to hold it properly.

"Lloyd! Watch out!" Cole tried to stop but ran into him.

"Cole!" The trident slipped forward in Lloyd's hand, scratching the ice.

Jay, Nya, and Kai shut their ears to avoid the screeching sound. It was more vibrant to them since they were all on the ground.

Victor saw the Ninja messing up and used the wall to push himself forward. He kicked the trident out of Lloyd's hands then pushed his legs against the wall to get a boost toward the trident.

"Haha!" He held the trident and stabbed its prongs into the ground for support to stand up.

Lloyd fell back with Cole between his legs.

"He's getting away!" Kai crawled over on all fours.

Victor stuck the trident into the wall with all his strength and began to climb up.

"Victor!" Harumi reached her hand down.

"Cole?" Lloyd looked back at him.

Cole nodded, knowing what to do. Lloyd rose a bit using Cole's knees for support. Cole pushed Lloyd forward with his legs giving him a boost.

Right before Victor stood on the trident, Lloyd grabbed it on his way.

"You little-" Victor bent his knees to keep his balance on the trident's stick. "You don't quit, do ya?" He looked up and grabbed Harumi's hand.

"I got you, Victor." Lloyd pulled his leg with his right hand and held the upper level's ground with his other.

"No, you don't." Victor kicked his hand off his leg and pulled the trident out with his feet.

"I got you." Victor was about to stab Lloyd's hand with the trident. The Green Ninja opened his fingers and screamed as he fell.

"I gotcha!" Cole caught Lloyd.

It was a safe landing but they both fell and turned slowly on the ice.

Victor smirked then walked out with Harumi and the trident. All the Ninjas looked at each other in disappointment.