Chapter 20- A New Fire

"Ninja!" Master Wu turned around to face his exhausted students.

Pixal and Sensei Wu's faces dropped to look just as the Ninja's expressions did.

"Why the long face?" The old man rushed to Lloyd. "Where's Zane?" He looked up.

Zane trudged in after the others being the last one to enter.

"They got away." Lloyd frowned as he dangled his arms carelessly in disappointment.

"Well, that's alright! At least you still have Zane." Master Wu smiled. "Cheer up! Finding Victor was never hard."

"No, Master Wu." Lloyd looked up and his Sensei.

Master Wu knew what Lloyd would say. He read his nephew's eyes. The pain of failure and disappointment was projected clearly in the wet substance that reflected Master Wu's image.

"They took Zane's power." He wiped his tears with his arm.

Master Wu thought silently for a moment of what would happen if Victor wasn't stopped.

"Well quit crying, Lloyd!" The old man whacked his staff at Lloyd's head.

"Ow!" Lloyd rubbed his head.

"Ninja never quit!"

"Well, yeah. They don't but we don't know what to do." Lloyd blinked back tears.

"Of course you don't!" Master Wu looked up at the Ninjas.

Lloyd looked back at his group. They exchanged looks of confusion, waiting for Master Wu to continue.

"But did you ever?" He leaned on his staff.

Pixal knew what he meant. She walked up to Master Wu and smiled proudly, standing beside him.

"When you were imprisoned, did you know what to do? When Cole escaped to free you, did you know what to do? When you first went to find Victor, did you know what to do? When Lloyd disappeared into that rock, did you know what to do? When Harumi and Victor escaped numerous times with one of your powers, did you know what to do?"

"No," Lloyd said, his chain of thought connecting together.

"But you did it anyway," Master Wu motivated the Ninjas.

"Oh yeah! We did!" Jay looked up in realization.

"And being who you are, you will do it again, and will always do it," Master Wu concluded.

Lloyd looked up at Master Wu.

"Thanks, Sensei." He smiled. "I think I know exactly what to do now." He turned to face his friends. "Ninja, let's get busy." He pulled his mask up.

"Alright!" Cole followed Lloyd out.

"Woo hoo!" Nya threw a fist in the air.

"I just love it when a plan comes together!" Jay smiled. "Well, not really a plan, but, you know."

"So. Where are we heading?" Zane ran beside Lloyd.

"Wherever the wind leads us." The Green Ninja parkoured the streets.

"Wait!" Cole made a sudden break.

"What is it?" Nya reversed herself to come in view of what Cole was looking at.

"Look." Cole pointed at the televisions displaying the news through the store glass.

The others followed back to see as well.

"Breaking news as fire sets to the forests of Ninjago. Police and firefighters are working on the case. What could possibly have caused sudden flames to set? Wildfire is the so-given name for this sudden incident! Stay with us as we interview the chief commissioner for more details," Gayle Gossip explained the situation being viewed from birds-eye-view.

"Fires?" Lloyd whispered as he lowered his mask.

All the Ninjas turned to face the current possessor of fire, or well, supposed to be.

"What?" Kai shrugged. "I don't have my powers."

"Victor." Lloyd narrowed his eyebrows. "I think we know where he last was now." Lloyd pulled his mask up and continued down the street.

"I don't know how it happened, my men just passed by for daily patrolling, and then-" the live interview continued.

"Why would he set fire to the forests?" Nya spun around a traffic light pole.

"I don't know. Maybe the same goal as my dad?" Lloyd responded.

"These villains make it sound so easy. How is making Ninjago in your own image a piece of cake? Cole rolled his eyes.

"I guess it's easy once to think of no one!" Zane chuckled.