𝐎𝐍𝐄

𝒑 𝒐 𝒘 𝒆 𝒓 𝒑 𝒖 𝒇 𝒇

Today was the day the Powerpuff girls were shipped off to summer camp for the next three months, and Blossom was dreading it

She had thought they were too old to go to summer camp and she liked spending summers at home anyway, catching up on her reading, helping out the Professor in the lab, conducting experiments of her own. 

But the Professor said they needed to get out and enjoy the glory of nature, so she trusted the Professor's better judgment. 

She drew a sigh of preparation and trudged onto the bus.

She sat down near the middle of the bus and snagged a window seat, and put her bags at her feet, resting her elbow on the window. 

'Why do we have to go here? A summer at home would have been just fine. I bet you this place won't even have books to read.' 

A few more people loaded on the bus and the final person to come on was the Camp Director. 

She stood up at the front of the bus and began to notify everyone of how things were going to go.

"Hello, everyone! My name is Nicole! You guys can call me Ms. Nicole. I am the Camp Director of Camp Bright Oak!" She greeted with a smile. 

"Anyways, I will be assigning partners for the summer. Whoever your partner is will sit next to you on this bus ride and complete your camp activity requirements with you. There are four main cabins: Squirrel Cabin and Fox Cabin are for the girls, Bear Cabin and Beaver Cabin are for the boys. Alright! Okay, so Mitch and Robin, Morbucks and James, Blossom and Brick, Trent and Melanie, Bubbles and Boomer, Chloe and Jordan, Brent and Sheila, finally Buttercup and Butch. Now move your seats next to your partner and let's get this party started!"

'Just my luck.' 

Brick walked over to the empty seat next to Blossom and plopped down. 

She made sure to keep her eyes and mind on the window, only occasionally glancing at Brick. 

She didn't want to speak a word to him, not even give him the satisfaction of a look. 

...

It's not like they could talk anyway. 

What would they say? They were complete opposites. 

He wouldn't even want to talk to her anyway.

'He looks different. ...Almost handsome.' 

Blossom quickly shook the crazy thoughts out of her head and focused her mind on the outside. 

She grabbed her earbuds out of her bag and listened to music, watching the trees pass through the window.

𝒑 𝒐 𝒘 𝒆 𝒓 𝒑 𝒖 𝒇 𝒇

Buttercup was upset that they had to spend their summer at this stupid summer camp. 

She wanted to play on Townsville's new soccer field, play volleyball on the beach, try out the batting cages the city just installed in the Rec Center.

But none of that was gonna happen. Not this summer. 

She groaned before stepping on the bus and stomping to her seat, sitting down and crossing her arms. 

'I don't wanna be here. I don't wanna be here. I don't wanna be here.'

𝒑 𝒐 𝒘 𝒆 𝒓 𝒑 𝒖 𝒇 𝒇

'HELL NO! THERE IS NO WAY HE AND I ARE PARTNERS!' 

Butch stomped his way over to Buttercup and smirked at her. 

"Aren't you gonna say hi to me, Butters?" He asked, smugly. 

"Don't call me Butters, dipstick," she glared, tone icy.

Butch smirked.

"...Butters."

Buttercup looked like she was about to pop a blood vessel. 

"Just sit your ass down," she growled, rolling her eyes. 

Butch chuckled and sat down, starting his rummaging spree in his duffel bag. 

Buttercup glanced over to his shirt.....chest, really.

'Did he hit the gym since I last saw him?' 

Not wanting to see where those thoughts would take her, she grabbed her phone and began scrolling through it, despite the horrible internet reception.

𝒑 𝒐 𝒘 𝒆 𝒓 𝒑 𝒖 𝒇 𝒇

Bubbles was honestly relieved they were going to this summer camp outdoors. 

She felt like she really needed to get away from Townsville and finally have a break. 

Fighting monsters day and night was exhausting. 

Bubbles hummed a tune while skipping onto the bus and to her seat, making sure she sat in the one next to the window. 

She loved being able to watch all the animals and houses go by. 

𝒑 𝒐 𝒘 𝒆 𝒓 𝒑 𝒖 𝒇 𝒇

'Oh, God. Boomer is my partner. This is gonna be so awkward.' 

Boomer walked over to Bubbles and sat next to her. 

Bubbles started to fiddle with her fingers, kick her feet, count how many cars passed by. 

Anything to avoid conversation. 

She then remembered that she had brought a book and took it out to read, occasionally looking up from the pages to glance at Boomer.

𝒑 𝒐 𝒘 𝒆 𝒓 𝒑 𝒖 𝒇 𝒇