CHAPTER SIXTEEN: DANCEPOSALS

It was the next day and. Blossom finished getting dressed. She walked outside her cabin to find a note on the porch.

Meet me at Tumble Hill in 5 ~ Brick

"Guess I'm going to Tumble Hill," Blossom spoke to herself. She flew to Tumble Hills and saw Brick sitting there. "Hey," Blossom greeted. Brick jumped up and turned around. He gave her a sheepish smile and said, "Hey! Umm, wanna sit?" He motioned to the blanket he laid out. Blossom warmly smiled and sat down next to him. "So what did you wanna tell me, Brick?" Blossom asked. Brick blushed. "W-Well, just look up in the sky," Brick stuttered. Blossom looked up in the sky and saw "WILL YOU GO TO THE DANCE WITH ME, PINKY?" spelled out in clouds. "And you made sure you made it grammatically correct! I will go to the dance with you Brick!" Blossom exclaimed. She gave Brick a tight hug. "I'm gonna go get ready for tonight," Blossom stated. "I'll see ya there." She winked at Brick and gave him a slightly longer peck on the cheek than usual. She walked off and Brick laid on his back. She's amazing. He thought.

........................................................................................................................

Buttercup was out in the woods working out. She was using a tree as a punching bag when Butch dropped from the tree, landing on his feet. "Hey, Butters," Butch greeted in his usual smug voice. Buttercup rolled her eyes and continued to punch the tree. "What do you want?" Buttercup sighed. "No warm welcome?" Butch taunted. "Butch.... What do you want?" Buttercup asked again, getting impatient. "Okay okay. I was wondering if you would want to go to the dance with me?" Butch answered. "And why would I do a thing like that?" Buttercup asked in a fake genuine voice, still punching the tree. "Cause we made it clear that we both like each other at the club," Butch teased. Buttercup blushed but suddenly got an idea. "How about this," Buttercup started. "You beat me in sparring and I will go to the dance with you." Butch chuckles a bit. "I'm not gonna fight my future girlfriend," He teases. Buttercup blushes. "Then I guess no going to the dance with me," Buttercup teased. "You are gonna drive me insane one of these days," Butch chuckled. "Haven't I already?" Buttercup asked in a fake confused voice. "Let's do this," Butch stated. He got into a fighting stance and Buttercup did the same. She began to run at me and jumped up in the air. I tuck and rolled out the way and she punched the tree behind me. She backflipped and kicked me in the face. I fell down on my back and she put her foot on my chest. She moved her face closer and asked, "You good?" in a smug voice. Butch spat a bit of blood out and smirked. "Never better," He answered in a smug voice. Buttercup rolled her eyes and took her foot off his chest. She helped him up and dusted off his shoulder. "Welp, no dance with me," Buttercup teased. Butch got on his knees. "Please, Butters!" He begged. Buttercup blushed. "Fine! But get off your knees. It's weird to see you begging," She responded. He got off his knees and gave her a tight hug. "Wha-?! Butch?!" Buttercup exclaimed. She had liked the hug, it's just that he had never hugged her before. And she wasn't gonna let him know she liked it. His head was already big as is. He let go and smiled at her. "I'm gonna go get ready," He stated. He turned on his heels and walked. And if you can believe it, Butch did a little skip before walking. Buttercup just stood there, dazed by what just happened. Why is he so happy to be doing something with me? Ugh! Why is he making me feel this way?! Buttercup thought. She shook her thoughts away and walked to her cabin for a shower.

............................................................................................................................

Bubbles and Boomer were out on a nature walk with a group when Boomer noticed it was time. I gotta get her to the spot before they run away. Boomer thought. "Hey, Bubbles," Boomer whispered. "What's up, Boomie?" Bubbles whispered. He loved that new nickname she had for him. Made him feel, special. "Follow me," Boomer whispered while motioning to the woods. "But we'll get in trouble," Bubbles whispered. "And you only have one strike left." "We'll be back before you know it," Boomer whispered. She nodded her head and took Boomer's hand. "You might wanna hop on my back. I'm gonna run at my fastest," Boomer whispered. Bubbles nodded her head and hopped on his back. And with the blink of an eye, they arrived at the spot. "Wait, did we even move?" Bubbles asked while getting off Boomer's back. "We did," Boomer answered. "That's how fast I went. Now close your eyes." Boomer covered Bubbles' eyes and walked her over to a clearing. "Now open!" Boomer exclaimed. Bubbles open her eyes and squealed at what she saw. A bunch of woodland creatures were sitting there with a sign saying, "PET ME". "OMG!" She squealed. She ran over and began petting all the animals. Bunnies, squirrels, deer, groundhogs, any small woodland creature were there. "This is amazing, Boomer!" Bubbles exclaimed. Boomer sat down next to her and smiled. "I've actually been meaning to ask you something," Boomer started. Bubbles looked up from the bunny she was holding and looked at him confused. "Would you wanna go to the dance tonight?" Boomer asked, bracing for anything. "Of course, Boomie!" Bubbles exclaimed. She put the bunny down and gave Boomer a big bear hug. He smiled and gave her a bear hug back.

..............................................................................................................................