>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 14.

I walked in quietly smiling when I hear people talking. "There's four steps." I leaned against the door, looking at my family.

"Just four?" Everyone turned and looked at me, smiling.

"Yes. We get into Eichen, we get into the Closed Unit, we get Lydia, get out."

"And we have to do it all of this while getting past orderlies, guards, electric door locks, and a Mountain Ash barrier. You have a plan for all of that?" Stiles gave Scott a look, as I raised my eyebrows.

"I stole this last night off an orderly. But it's useless 'cause they reset the codes each night." I looked at the card.

"So why did you take it?" I stood next to Stiles, when I spoke, I rested my hands on the table looking at everyone.

"I'm getting to that. The only way to get Lydia out of Eichen is to make that key card work again."

"And how are you going to do that?" We all looked at Mal, this is to much fun.

"We're getting to that, okay, just listen. I pulled all the history off the key card. Two weeks ago, there was a brownout and the security system rebooted. During a reboot, all of the key cards revert back to a default code. So, if we trigger a reboot... The card goes back to the default code. It works again."

"How are we going to cause a brownout?" I looked at Kira as she spoke, I smiled at her, she lightly smiled back.

"That's your part. You're going to draw power from the main line. But only enough to cause the brownout. Not a blackout. Do that and you send Eichen into lockdown which would be bad. Very, very bad. There's an electrical room behind the reception counter. The main power line goes into two breakers that run power to all of Eichen."

"Okay, slight problem. I don't know how to do that." Of course.

"That's okay. You have time to practice." I looked at Scott, then Liam.

"Let's say all this goes perfectly. How does a brownout get us into the Closed Unit of Eichen?" I asked leaning against the table.

"The system takes five minutes to reboot. In that five minutes all the alarms will be turned off the key card should work."

"Liam, you, Erza, and I get Stiles to the gate of the Closed Unit."

"Wait, I'm apart of this?"

"You are part of the pack."

"Yeah, but, Theo is going for Lydia, tonight, right now actually.. he doesn't know I'm on your side."

"Yeah we know where he is. We have someone on the inside."

"Deucalion." Scott nodded his head. "So you're using Theo."

"Yeah." I looked at Sti.

"Okay, after that, Stiles has to go on his own. We can't get past the Mountain Ash barrier. And when we're gone, all anyone's going to think is that there was a reboot of the security system caused by a brownout. Uh, any questions?" Ou wrong choice of words.

"How do we get into Eichen House in the first place?"

"What's our worst-case scenario?"

"What if I can't do it?"

"Okay, admittedly, a lot could go wrong." Well, doy.

"Everything could go wrong."

"Guys, if we don't do this, we lose Lydia. She's going to die in there tonight. And she might take a lot of innocent people with her."

"There's the brothers I missed so so much."

"So... we all good?" We looked at each other and nodded. "Great."

"Hey, Liam, Erza, come on, my moms waiting." I smiled and walked out the door.

''

"Just promise you're not coming back in one of these." I looked at Melissa and smiled.

"We're coming back with Lydia." I nodded my head and looked at Li.

"Okay. We still don't know who's actually doing this. Who the Beast is?" We all shook our heads.

"We'll find out." I told her smiling a little.

"You think it's someone we know?" We all looked at each other as she handed me body bags.

"I hope not."

"You think he even knows he's doing it?" She walked back and got more.

"How are you so sure it's a he?" Liam looked at her as she stopped in front of him.

"You still mad at me?"

"No. But if you try to kill my son again, I'll put you in one of these myself." I laughed quietly as she handed him the bag.

"She's still mad." Scott did a little nod trying not to laugh.

~~

"What are you doing here?" I looked at the boys weird.. I turned around and saw Theo, great.

"I still need to graduate." I rolled my eyes at him.

"No. No. What you need is to be beaten severely with a lead pipe wrapped in barbed wire..." I laughed at Sti shaking my head.

"Okay, I admit that mistakes were made." He looked at me making me really uncomfortable.

"Murders. Some murders were made." I felt Stiles look at me then him.

"You know how the Soviets helped us win World War II? They knew how to make it through a Russian winter." So?

"That it? Okay. Thank you, Theo. Very informative." I smiled a little and looked at Sti.

"If you're planning to break Lydia out of Eichen House, you still need to get past the Mountain Ash." I looked at the boys then Theo.

"We can make it through."

"You can't, Scott."

"What do you really want?"

"I know you saw the fresco. Two seriously pissed off creatures, the Hellhound and the Beast, fighting over a pile of dead bodies. I don't want to be one of the bodies, it's that simple. I can get you to Lydia. Or we can see who gets to her first." He looked at me and winked making me roll my eyes before walking away.

"There's no way he knows what Valack's doing."

"Why's he so interested in her?"

"He probably thinks what we're all thinking. That Lydia's got something bigger to do with this." I told them.

"That maybe she's the only one who can actually save us."

"Like always." They all looked at me, I raised my hands, "It's true."