>>>>>

Chapter 5.

I sighed as I walked down the halls. "Did you get in to see Lydia?" I looked at Stiles next to me and shook my head.

"No. I tried using my free period but she's still in the ICU and no one outside family is allowed in."

"We got one thing." He held up a book.

"Anything in here about half-werewolves, half-Kanimas?"

"The Chimera."

"Um, what?"

"The Chimera. As in a creature made of incongruous parts. And Liam said he found two burial sites, it means Tracy's not the only one."

"Who's the second Chimera? And why would they bury them?"

"Deaton thinks it's part of their process."

"The people in masks." I told him. "Malia's not crazy." Stiles sighed and shook his head.

-want to go to a party?

-sure..

-I'm outside!!

"Hey, guys, Brett's here, I have to go." They nodded as I walked away, getting in his car. I leaned over kissing him quickly. "So where is this party?"

"It's called the Sinema."

"Oh yeah, Hayden works there." He grabbed my hand kissing it lightly.

"How's Lydia?"

"Fine I guess... I hope she'll be fine." He kissed my hand again before parking his car. We got out and snuck in, I looked at all the people. "Let's dance." He laughed as I dragged him to the dance floor swinging my hips against his, smiling softly. He grabbed my hips, kissing my neck before turning me around. I smiled lightly as he kept his hands on my back, letting me rest my hands on his shoulders. "I love you."

"I love you." I smiled kissing him lightly, turning into roughly. We groaned as Liam tapped his shoulder.

"Do you catch anything? When you two walked in?" Brett sighed looking around.

"No, I didn't catch anything."

"No one else in here's like us?"

"I don't know, dude. Maybe. It's Beacon Hills. What's the difference?"

"It felt different."

"What do you mean?" I asked leaning into Brett.

"It felt off. It felt wrong."

"Hey, uh, do you see that guy? He keeps looking over here. Do you know him?" We looked at Mason then the guy he was pointing to, huh, where's Corey?

"Yeah. That's Lucas." I said, "Now excuse us." Brett laughed as I dragged him away, dancing again.

"Wait.."

"What?"

"I feel it." He ran off.

"Brett!" I ran after him going behind something seeing Mason and Lucas. "Hey." He looked at us, his eyes were fully black. Lucas charged at me but, Brett hit him, they went at it till he scratched Brett. "Brett!" I ran over to his side, Mason behind me. "You okay?" I saw the invisible wave again, the same one as before. I looked at Brett who was looking at me, smiling.

"I'm fine love." Liam came in growling, fighting him for a while till Scott and Kira came in.

"You're a little late!"

"What is that thing?" Everyone began fighting him, till he was knocked out, we watched as Kira swung he sword yelling something in Japanese.

"Kira." She stopped looking at Scott. "Is everyone okay?" I looked at Brett's arm, shrugging my shoulders. "We need to get him out of here. Liam, give me a hand." Liam grabbed his hands, Scott got his feet till something flew in the middle of his chest, I gasped and backed away. Brett reached out for me, pulling me into him. "Why did you do that?" I looked up slowly seeing the guys in the mask.

"His condition was terminal."

"What does that mean?" They went to turn away, beginning to walk away. "What does that mean?"

"Failure."

"Malia's not crazy." I mumbled, they all looked at me, I felt my body get weak a little, how do I turn it off?

"Love?"

"I can't turn it off..." He lifted my head, kissing me lightly, I felt my body relax. When he pulled away, his arm was healed and the wave was gone.

"He's your anchor." I looked at Scott and them confused.

"Anchor?"

"He keeps you human." I looked at Brett then his arm. "And you keep him human." Brett brought me back into his arms.

"I'm glad you're okay." Brett mumbled something into my neck, but I could barely hear it. "Huh?"

"I love you."

"I love you. Come on, let's go home."

"Actually, we're all meeting at Scott's you two coming?"

"Sure."

''

"Stiles says he can't find anything on the author. He thinks it's a pen name." Malia said sitting on Scott's couch, Stiles, Scott, and Liam are going to the hospital, while me, Lydia, Brett, and Malia try and find something.

"'In a small New England town, teenagers are taken in the night and buried alive. Days later they emerge transformed, wreaking havoc and spreading terror, commanded by an ancient order of parascientists known only as the Dread Doctors.' Sounds vaguely familiar." I said as I looked up from the book.

"How does it end?"

"It doesn't. This is supposed to be volume one." I told her flipping threw the pages.

"Oh, let me guess... There is no volume two?" Brett asked, sitting next to me.

"I think we're living volume two."

"Then maybe the real question is... Is this a novel or someone's prediction?"

"I don't think the Dread Doctors are the ones stealing the bodies."

"Are we really calling them that?"

"Think about it. They killed Tracy and walked away. They killed Lucas and walked away. Why would they leave and come back to take the bodies? Someone else has to be taking them."

"But the bodies aren't just bodies. They're... They're failures. So if the Chimeras are all failures, what's the success going to be?"

"Bad. Probably really bad." I stopped and gasped.

"What?"

"Why is your heart beating so fast?"

"Look at this. Look at the "Acknowledgements" page." Lydia took the book from me.

"'For providing scientific perspective and invaluable insight... this book is dedicated to Dr. Gabriel Valack.'"

"You know him?"

"Yeah, and I know where to find him."

"We really got to go back there?"

"Oh, no, you are not coming with."

"Why not?"

"Because. I said so." I slumped into my seat as they left.