>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 10.

I opened my eyes seeing I was somewhere else.. where am I? I looked at Liam confused. "Liam?"

"Erza, you're awake."

"What's going on?" I tried to move my head but I hit something metal. I looked at it seeing a table, I turned my head seeing Hayden. "Hayden?"

"Erza." All I heard was something hissing.

"No, no, no. Don't... Don't hurt her! Hayden! Erza!"

"Liam!" I looked back at him, he was laying on the ground, something in his arm.

"Erza. Hayden." Everything sounded distorted. "Hayden. Erza." They put something in me making me and Hayden scream.

"Their condition worsens." Condition?

"Stop! Stop hurting her! Stop hurting them!" I watched as they knocked out Liam, I sighed and let the darkness consume me.

I heard groaning, my eyes shot open, I gasped for air. "Erza?" I looked over turning on my good side and saw Liam.

"Hayden?" I looked over and saw her groaning. "Hayden, you okay?" Hayden began to pant.

"It hurts." I tried to sit up but it hurt to much. I groaned and sat up anyway.

"Give me your hand." I reached my hand out, breathing heavily. "There's something Scott does. He can take away the pain. I've never done it before, but I can try." He grunted before we both groaned, he took some of it. He looked at Hayden, and tried. But it didn't work. He tried again, he looked so confused. "I'm sorry."

"Why are they doing this to us?" I asked leaning on Hayden.

"I don't know."

''

"Hayden? Erza? Hayden, wake up." I let out a whimper.

"Where are we?" I asked sitting up against the wall.

"I don't know." Liam got up grunting.

"Careful." He touched the gate and it electrocuted him. He began to groan as he was fell by us. We jumped when we heard someone giggle.

"Sorry, I probably should've warned you." I looked at the boy confused?

"Who are you?"

"My name's Zach. And I think the better question is... What am I? It's okay. I'm just like you. One of the experiments. Hey, maybe you could help me with something. The guys, in the masks... They took something off my back. I don't know what it was, but I can feel part of it still there." I looked at Li worried..

"You want us to look?"

"Is that okay?" Zach let out a grunt as he pulled up his shirt.. oh my god. Liam got up and kept trying to get us out.

"Liam. Stop. You need your strength."

"Argh! Ugh..."

"We're not getting out of here." Zach said after Liam rested his head against the wall.

"You could be a little optimistic."

"It's kinda hard when you watch three people get dragged out of here screaming."

"What happened to 'em?" I asked looking up at Zach.

"They were failures. That's all they said. First, you forget. You don't know who you are or what you're doing. Then you get violent. I watched two of them almost kill each other. One of them had a nasty looking cut just like that." I covered my wound with my shirt, Hay did the same. "Don't worry. Black is okay. It's only really over when you start bleeding other stuff. When it starts turning silver... Mercury. That's when they know you're really a failure."

"How many more failures are there supposed to be?"

"Who knows? But doesn't it make you wonder what the success is going to look like?

"I mean, what are we turning into?"

"Something with claws and fangs? Something with wings? Something worse."

"Hey where were you? When the took you?"

"The last place I remember being was with Bret.. Oh my god, Brett. He's going to be freaking out." I threw my head into my hands.

"Hey, we'll get out of here. Scott, someone will find us."

"I hope you're right." A chittering noise filled the air and I immediately hid behind Hayden and Liam.

"They're coming. Oh, God!" They walked toward the dude, no. I knew I couldn't do anything to help, so I covered my eyes. "No, no, no, no. No! No! Stop! Help me! Help me! No! No! Wait! No! Help me!"

"He's gone." I laid back against the wall sighing.

"Are we going to die?"

"We're not going to die." We looked back at the door when we heard electric buzzing noise. "They're coming back." I let out a whimper. Hayden and Liam began to breath heavily.

"Erza? Liam? Hayden?" Theo?

"Theo, wait... Don't!" I warned but before I could and electric crackling noise filled the air and Theo was thrown back.

"Theo? Theo? Theo, you all right?" Liam asked as Theo grunt.

"Yeah." He grunt before getting up. "Yeah, I'm fine."

"You think you can get help?" I asked him as we all stood up.

"I am the help." We watched as he withdraw the electrical. He began to grunt and then his eyes turned yellow. He let out a roar before the gates finally opened. He helped me out the tunnel as Liam helped Hayden, Theo sat me in the front seat of his car, Hayden and Liam got in the back.

"It still hurts?"

"Everywhere. I'm not healing. Not like it did before. That means I'm a failure, doesn't it?" Liam looked at her before kissing her. "It's gone. The pain's gone. How did you do that?"

"I don't know." Theo put his hand out to me, laying it on my arm.

"It's not working." Liam put his hand on my arm.

"For me either."

"Brett... I need... Brett." Once we got to Scott's house, Liam and Theo placed me on the couch, Liam sat next to Hayden wrapping his arms around her, I laid down resting my head on a pillow.

"Erza!" I sat up immediately regretting it.

"Brett?" He ran over throwing himself in my arms.

"Oh thank god." He pulled back, crashing his lips to mine, I felt my body relax. "Are you hurt?"

"Not anymore." I scooted back a little letting him lay next to me. I placed my head on his chest as he let his feet hang over the edge careful not to wake up the couple on the other end of the couch.