>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chapter 17.

"While tonight's game is a charity event, we hear Devenford Prep and Beacon Hills have a long-standing rivalry." I watched next to Liam as Brett chuckled.

"Devenford always plays to win, but especially when it's for charity."

"And especially when 100% of the proceeds go to the winning team, isn't that right?" Brett shook his head chuckling again.

"Which is why we'll be 100% kicking Beacon Hills ass." I rolled my eyes giving Liam a look, he just licked his bottom lip, squinting his eyes, hands in his pockets.

"Tickets still available for purchase. This is Kathleen Cassidy for KQNB. The local news always covers the game." I ran into Brett's arms as he finished the interview. "And you get to see high school romance." I looked at the woman as they turned they camera to us. "What's it like dating when you're schools are rivals?"

"Oh, well, you see, easy. It's not about our schools when we're together."

"Couldn't of worded it better, love. It's just me and Erza, when we are with each other." I smiled as I felt my pocket vibrate, I took my phone out seeing a message from Stiles. "What is it, love?"

"Stiles want meto go to the library."

"Okay, I love you." I looked at a girl as she passed, winking at Brett, I smiled leaning up, crashing my lips to his.

"I love you, too. See you at the game." I smiled pecking his lips quickly before running to the libary.

"Mason said it's not just a transmitted frequency. It's high-powered. Like it has to be a really strong signal." I sat next to Liam looking at the group.

"And that's causing it to shift?" Lydia asked, as Stiles messed with his pencil.

"No. I don't think it's just that. Last night Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the dread doctors are trying to make the beast grow faster?"

"With frequencies?" Stiles asks Scott.

"No, by shifting. The frequency it just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf."

"Like Peter." I said, messing with my fingers.

"Right. Yeah, when Peter was an alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal."

"Right, you're calling a total psychopath normal?" Stiles gave me a small smirk, Scott gave me a look, and Lydia sighed.

"You've been hanging with Stiles-"

"But in all seriousness, the dread doctors don't want to wait for the full moon."

"They want the beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible."

"Because of Parish."

"If this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?"

"Uh, we've got one clue to go on. This came from the hospital. Whoever's lurking inside the beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make." Indeterminate?

"Indeterminate?"

"Oh thank god you asked. What the hell is indeterminate Sti?"

"Means, it's a partial print. Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood and carnage."

"How many size 10s are out there?"

"Only one with Parrish's blood on the sole."

"So are we going to try to get the game canceled?"