Chapter 8

~Oikawa~

"Noya senpai!"

"Sup Shōyō!" The short spiky-haired male skids to a stop in front of the group, grinning.

"Glad to have you back." Suga says sweetly.

"Thanks!" He exclaims glancing around the rink. Oikawa is by himself, practicing some pretty easy spins, getting just enough adrenaline to clear his head. Akaashi and Suga are practicing close by, keeping an eye on their friend. Everyone else is spread out and the varsity hockey team, minus Iwaizumi and Ichiro, are hanging out in the bleachers. Noya scans the group and frowns. "Hey, where's Asahi?" Suga freezes and turns to Noya, confused.

"He didn't tell you?" He asks now more worried. He knew the two got into a fight but wouldn't they have made up by now?

"Tell me what?" Noya's eyebrows crease in confusion as their conversation gains Oikawa's attention.

"Noya...he quit the team after you were suspended." Noya's eyes widen in disbelief.

"What? You lying...he, he wouldn't."

"I'm sorry..." Suga says sincerely as Noya's face flickers from emotions. Shock, sadness, confusion, anger. He clenches his fists and quickly skates over to the hockey team.

"Whats going on?" Oikawa asks, watching Noya question the hockey team.

"I don't think Noya and Asahi have talked since the incident." Suga says slowly. He would have figured the two would hang out all day during Noya's suspension.

"What? Are you serious?" They all keep their gaze on Noya as the hockey team sincerely explains what happened. After a few moments of silence, Noya steps off the rink and runs to the locker room, face hidden from view. The rest of the figure skaters stopped their practice, feeling lost as to how to help their friend.

"Come on, we should go check on him." Oikawa and Akaashi agree, heading over and stepping off the rink. Luckily the hockey players keep their mouths shut, having some respect for Noya thanks to Asahi. At least they're not gay.

"Noya..." Suga speaks softly as the three enter the locker room, seeing Noya angrily pace.

"He's such a fucking wuss!" He complains, but they can all clearly see the hurt in his eyes. "Always fucking blaming himself and then shutting everyone out." He stops his place, eyes glossy but no tears fall.

"Look, we don't know entirely what happened between you two, but, either way, you should talk to him."

"Tch, why should I go out of my way to talk to him," Noya mumbles, the hurt now seeping through as he takes a seat on the bench.

"Because, as you said he's a wuss who's always blaming himself." Oikawa chimes in making Noya chuckle and sigh.

"He probably wouldn't even answer my texts..."

"Then we go to his house." Noya looks up as Akaashi takes a seat next to him. "If he quit then he's probably there. We can take you so you can talk to him."

"You guys would really do that?"

"Of course," Oikawa joins them on the bench. "We all know he means a lot to you. And we care about you." Noya sighs and nods in agreement when there's a small knock at the locker room door.

"Knock knock." The hockey team captain, Takeshi, pokes his head in, instantly getting a glare from Suga. "Relax, I swear I come in peace. This time." He smirks and Suga crosses his arms, looking unimpressed.

"Anyway, Noya, dude." He kneels down in front of Noya. "Listen, I may have overheard your conversation, and well, if you do go and talk to him, I want you to let him know that there's still a spot for him on the team." Noya looks at him and smiles.