Chapter 5

⚠️Disclaimer⚠️ This chapter contains homophobic language.
_______________________________

~Oikawa~

"Seems like I'm getting Deja vu."

Oikawa grins, leaning forward against the wall, letting his bag fall to the ground. "Except last time you were the starstruck one." Iwaizumi turns to look at the boy, breathing heavily.

"I wasn't starstruck." He counters, making Oikawa chuckle.

"Whatever you say." He winks at the boy, getting him to roll his eyes and turn back to what he was doing. Oikawa lets out a quiet, breathy laugh as he takes a seat on the bleachers, removing his sneakers and replacing them with skates. "You seemed starstruck though."

"I was just surprised to see someone here at such a late hour." He grunts at the end of his sentence, sending a puck flying into the net.

"You sure you weren't just impressed with my sick skills Iwa-chan?" Oikawa stands up and slips the covers off his skate as Iwaizumi turns back to him.

"Don't call me that." He says harshly and out of breath, ignoring the first part of Oikawa's statement.

"Nah, imma keep calling you that." He opens the gate and steps onto the ice gracefully. "But I mean, you can always give me a nickname. I'm definitely not opposed to that." He smirks seductively as he skids to a stop in front of Iwa, Oikawa's skates making him a centimeter taller than Iwaizumi. "What do you say, Iwa~chan." The boy glares slightly, shifting the stick in his gloved hands before smirking and turning to hit another puck into the net.

"Alright then, Shittykawa." Oikawa frowns instantly, watching the boy hit the puck powerfully into the net. The two stand in the middle of the rink, the net across from them, near the wall.

"Wha- hey! At least mine is nice! Yours is so mean." Oikawa pouts while Iwa snickers.

"I mean, I can go with Crappykawa, Lazzykawa, Assikawa, Stup-"

"Ok ok geez I get it. Shittykawa it is then." Iwaizumi laughs before skating off to gather the pucks he has shot. Oikawa watches curiously as he picks up the round objects and skates back over. "So what? You just hit pucks into a net?"

"It's more complicated than that, but yes that is part of the game."

"Seems pretty easy."

"Wanna try then?" Iwa holds out the stick for him to take. Oikawa pursues his lips glancing at Iwaizumi who is smirking, before looking around the rink, reminding himself that they are alone.

"Fine." He takes the hockey stick with his bare hands, feeling the cool fiberglass against his fingers.

"Alright," Iwaizumi places a puck on the ground so Oikawa has a clear shot to the net. "Come stand here." He removes his gloves and tosses them to the side before placing his hands on Oikawa's shoulders, moving his body so it's parallel with the puck. "Then you place the toe and the blade on the ice behind the puck. Then bring the stick back and hit it. Piece of cake." Iwaizumi backs up with a smirk as Oikawa glances at the net that's about 27 meters (90 feet) in front of him. He takes a deep breath, pulls the stick back, and swings with as much force as he can, missing the puck completely and sending Iwaizumi into a fit of laughter.

"Oh shut up!" Oikawa pouts looking at the boy who is kneeling on the ice, dying of laughter. Although annoyed and embarrassed, Oikawa can't help but smile lightly at the scene.

"Easy huh?" He says after calming down enough to speak, wiping the tears that formed in his eyes. Oikawa blushes slightly and pouts.

"Fuck off." He mumbles and turns back to the puck, ignoring Iwa's intense gaze as he lines himself up again to hit the puck. He swings back, less, and then hits the puck with little force, sending it about 6 meters (20 feet) in front of them. "Ha! There I hit it." He says proudly as Iwaizumi rises to his feet, glancing at the puck.