Chapter 23 - Spin me Senseless

Kyla Avarado

The music of the bar was swimming through the room and onto its outside. The fast paced beat of the drums and the picking patterns of the guitar dragged me and Erin to the dance floor. People were moving to the beat, either in groups or in pairs and some confident people were spinning by themselves underneath the glass ceiling. Erin and I were shifting to the centre of the dance floor and swayed our bodies to the music.

I must have zoned out because i ended up outside and by myself just swaying to the music on the cobblestone path. The tempo slowing a bit causing me to slowly sway by myself. The wind was blowing, causing a little coolness to wash over me. The little stars started poking out of the sky, making the navy blue palette have a freckled effect. I spun around slightly closing my eyes.

I felt the warm return to me as hands wrapped around my waist from behind. The strong scent of cedar-wood and a hint of lavender. I knew who it was so i kept my eyes closed and leaned back slightly. He chuckled slightly and pulled me closer.

Cade...

"You letting just anyone hold you Sunshine?" He said softly against my ear, causing my to laugh and shiver. I shook my head slowly.

"No, i knew it was you.."I said as I leaned my head against his one shoulder to look up at him. His curls covered his eyes slightly. I could see his eyes darken as he looked across my face.

"How'd you know it was me, huh?"He teased slightly. I laughed and turned around in his arms, wrapping mine around his neck. I looked at him and moved one of the curls away from his eyes.

Girl, don't say it its weird

Don't do it 

Don't....

Fuck, you're gonna say it aren't you?

Yup

And you're going to regret it once you say it?

A hundred percent 

"You smell good, that's how i know..." I said slowly, as i swayed slowly, urging him to do the same. He smiled softly and moved his body along with mine. I laughed as he pulled his arms back to spin me around. We danced mindlessly, spinning,swaying, and stepping in unison until the musicians slowed down their song due to the people where silently laughing and giggling down the street and into the homes. Cade and I continued to sway until we saw a man closing the restaurant. I pulled back from Cade slightly who was still humming the song that finished playing. He was looking at me in a sort of trance.

Fuck, he's hot..

"Cade..." I said slightly pulling on his arms. He hummed slightly and pulled a little and spun me back to him. He grabbed my one hand and put it around his neck again. I laughed as his other hand went around my waist. He pressed his mouth against my forehead. I sighed, quite amused at his actions. 

"Caaadeee.." He smiled as he spun me again, so my back was against his chest. His arms went around my waist and shoulders as he kissed the side of my head. I leaned back again with a chuckle. I looked to the side to see his cobalt eyes analysing everything on my face.

"Hey.... dreamy! Can you hear me in their?" I teased as he chuckled. I turned around to look at him straight on. The small lampposts from the street illuminated his features. He looked perfect,  but when does he not..

"Dreamy?" He said with a smirk. I rolled my eyes.

Of course he realised the comment...

"Yes, you're in a daze..." I laughed. He shook his head with amusement as he just looked at me. It was intense. As if he wanted to know every mark and angle of my face. I gave him a raised eyebrow which he responded to with his own. He pulled me closer so his forehead was against mine again.