Chapter 12 - Unexpected Warning

Kyla Avarado

"Okay, this might be completely nuts but fuck it. If we are serious about leaving we leave tommorow." I started. Stephan nodded at me and looked at the forest, or i guess its a wall now.

"When?" Erin asked looking deadass at me. I thought for a second.

"At night. It will be safer since our shadows wont be on display. We also don't have to worry about the motion detectors going off. They shut it off around 11. We should be clear to do it then..." I explain. She nods. I look over to Cade, who has been awfully quiet for the last hour of plan making. I know he's pissed that i risked putting my name down but i also know he's pissed cause hes worried.

"Guards.." He says looking at me. All three of us snap our heads towards him.

"They aren't allowed to patrol the streets anymore. They get let off at 9." I say looking at the ground. I feel my back stiffen when i recall that announcement. Cade looks at me with a shocked look. He tries to read me and his eyes widen.

"Sunshine..." I cut him off.

"We need to take shit with us. I say two bags. No bigger than the duffles we used in school. Shit thats nessecary. Okay, i got it.. We will split up in groups of two tommorow. One of us will get shit to live off of for at least two weeks and the other will get material to help us to whatever the fuck is outside this prison. Food, water bottles. Keep the meal packages you get tommorow so we can take it with us. We need at least camping shit, like a tent or rope or some shit. We will need supplies. First aid kits and protection of some sorts." I explained to them. Stephan stepped beside me.

"We'll need clothes too. Not alot. Well dress for fall. Wear a tshirt and shorts with a hoodie and put pants in the bag. We don't need to worry about getting sick because we didn't dress properly." He said.

Shit... i forgot about that...

"Okay, heres the plan. Tommorow. Take the injections as normal. My bets is that they are tracking us somehow. It must be temporary though since its a daily thing. They messed up not doing that. You' I point to Erin ' and Cade, go and handle the nessesities. Stephan and I will handle the materials. Then we'll meet back here during lunch to drop the shit off and come back leter with duffles. We'll figure out the rest of the shit from there..." I said. Erin raised her eyebrow at me when i told the groups but i knew she would get it eventually. Stephan nodded. I looked outside and it was almost curfew. We have to go.

"Okay, it's almost curfew so we better get going. We have a lot of shit to do tommorow." I got up and grabbed my bag. Erin and Stephan followed me out with there stuff. They walked down the stairs. I followed them out until i heard a cough. I turned to see a frowning Cade.

"Are you okay?" I asked him. He looked at me with a blank face. I looked down quickly.

Dumb question...

"Am I okay? I just found out that everyone i cared about might get killed off in a month. We are planning a fucking fieldtrip out of the grove even though we have no fucking clue whether it will work or not. Oh, lets not mention the fact that my parents are thinking we are fucking saved and not to mention everyone else that thinks they can have a life when they can't. Oh, but the icing on the cake, Kyla.... YOU put your name in the fucking ballot where you can be their little warm up!!!! So no, im not fucking okay!!!!" He yelled as he punched the bell. I made a little sound but it didn't look good as he retracted his hand to his chest. He cursed out loud. I walked over to him and tried to see his hand. I grabbed his wrist to see what he did. He yanked it back out of my  hold.

Shit. He hates me...

"I'm sorry. I'll head out then." I said quietly as i rushed down the stares. I heard another bang and flinches slightly. I walked out fast and hopped onto my bike. I sped up to catch up with  Stephan and Erin. I raced and nearly toppled over.