Chapter 17 - All Aboard

Kyla Avarado

I couldn't sleep at all.

Not after last night. The memory kept replaying in my head.

Flashback...

"You should get some sleep..." Cade's voice pulled me out of my stargazing. I looked at his face. He looked exhuasted. Has he been up this whole time. The suns going to come out soon. He stood at my feet with a blanket in his hand.

"I could say the same to you. You look drained Cade, get some rest.." He shook his head as he sat beside me. He looked at his hands and twiddled them slightly. I looked at him with concern.

"Hey, talk to me... what's wrong?" I said causing him to shake his head and put his hands on his face. I immediately wrapped my arms around him from the side. He mumbled something into his hands causing me to pull back slightly.

"What did you say?" I said softly against his shoulder. He let out a breath.

He's going to leave you....

I know.. but i still care...

Girl, literally stop putting yourself in these situations.

"Promise me something..." He said slowly, looking at me with pleading eyes. They struck me like fucking arrows. I slowly nodded my head so he could continue and looked down. I felt one hand at the side of my face and pointed it upward to face him. His blue eyes darkened slightly  as my green ones followed suit.

Fuck i'm screwed ....

"Promise me,' He leaned his forehead against mine slowly,' that no matter how difficult this becomes, that you won't leave me."  He whispered causing me to squeeze my eyes shut.

"Cade ..." I began but he stopped me.

"Sunshine.... please ..." He whispered. I pulled back a bit and  lifted his head  with both of my hands to face me. He looked at my face. I let out a breath i have been holding.

"I promise...." I whispered. I leaned in to kiss him on the forehead. He froze for a bit but relaxed  more. He looked up at me and caught me staring at his mouth. Without even thinking, i leaned all the way in kiss him. He immediately responded and slowly covered my mouth with his.  

Fuck your really screwed now 

Fuck i know ...

I pulled away a bit and smiled to myself. I looked back at him who still had his eyes closed. I shook my head softly and gave him a peck and scooted back a bit, causing him to frown. I laughed and beckoned him over.

"Lie down. Come on..." I said putting my legs flat against the floor. He didn't hesitate to lay his head down on my lap and wrapped his one arm around my leg. I picked up the blanket that Cade had brought earlier and laid it evenly on top of him. I felt him smile against my leg. I felt him grab my one hand to intertwine them together. I took my other hand and put it through his hair and massaged.

"Sleep.." I whispered. He hummed in acceptance. I slowly started to  hum as i stroked the curls on his head back. 

"Please don't give up on us. It's you for me..." He mumbled as he held me tighter as he drifted to sleep.

I however,didn't get a wink that night. I don't know whether it was from my heart literally cracking into a billion pieces or the fact that i've caused him this much pain.