Chapter 18 - Steamed up

Erin Pierpoint

My ass flew back onto the floor causing me to groan in the impact. I heard waves in the distance as the final horn blew out. I lifted my self off the floor. I watched at someones shadow as they searched for something. Suddenly a light flickered above me, temporarily blinding the hell out of me. I covered my eyes to help myself adjust.

This is worse than the fucking sun...

"Holy shit.." Cade said as he took in the room. I have to say, i was impressed as well. The smooth black carpet that stuck to the floor. It matched the velvety circular couch with red and charcoal pillows. A circle glass table sat in the middle of the couches. Curtains that looked like shadows were pulled to the side by Kyla who had made her way across the suite to look at the glass that gave us a view of the water. There was a grey counter - top in the corner of the room with shelves with mixtures of black and grey. A mirror wall covered the other side of the room.

It looked like Satan's lounge.

Well, considering its Clayton's suite, its not far off..

Kyla looked out at the water and held her hands close to her chest. I watched as her hands shook slightly. I sped towards her and hugged her from behind. She turned around and hugged me tightly. I held her just as much.

"I thought.." She muttered but i shushed her.

"I know bubs, but i'm here okay. I'm alright. We ALL are. See? Now stop worrying about me or i will be throwing myself off this boat with you with me.." I teased her as I poked her slightly. She choked out a laugh making me smile. She held on even more.

I swear this girl is so over- protective...

If her kids ever get kidnapped.. God fucking help the soul who made that mistake. Fucker ain't coming out alive.

"I love you E...." She mumbled causing me to stop my laughing. I watched Cade from the corner of my eye. He was staring at Kyla with a hopeful intensity. I know what he's thinking. Well, i don't but i have a pretty good guess. This bitch took forever to say these words to me, but i knew she had her reasons. I know he's wondering when those words will fly his way. I smiled softly.

"I love you too Kyla" I said to her, letting her exhale and pull away from me. She took another breath.

"So how long do you think we are gonna be waiting here until the little puppet shows up? Or do you think he's selling us short so he can slit our throats himself?" I said plopping myself of the black sofa with my arms flailed out. Stephan rolled his eyes and walked over to sit beside me.

"Oh, i bet he's just sharpening his knives in pure impatience." He chuckled shortly as he put his arm around me. I snorted and leaned my head against him slightly. Kyla sighed and rubbed her temples with both her hands. Cade sat on the other couch across from us and put his elbows on his knees, looking perplexed.

"You don't know that. He's been helpful so far. Why start doubting him right now? Don't you think.." Stephan cut him off.

"Don't you think it odd that the son of the President, who might i add, is planning to wipe out the Groves entire existence, is choosing to help us get closer to his own father? i don't know man, somethings going on but if it comes to sun and death, i won't be the one weeping on the ground getting tortured for being different." I hitched my breath. Stephan must of realised what he said because he paused and muttered a fuck. All three of us looked at Kyla who was fiddling with her sweater while looking outside.

Fuck...

"Lala, i didn't.." Kyla stopped him.

"Enough. Okay. All of you." She said harshly, " We all don't know what his plans are. I, however am not going to stand around and listen to you allegedly prosecuting the one person that can actually help us. So enough." She didn't once turn her head towards us so we all faced her back. The back of the person who has been through more prosecution in her life than we will ever understand. Stephan stood up and walked up to her, causing her to snap her head towards him.