Chapter 5 - Rocky Nights

Kyla Avarado

I waved to Erin and watched as she got onto the elevator. I shut the door behind me as i walked back into my apartment. I flipped off my white shoes and put my card on the counter.    I scratched my head as i headed over to my dresser. I took out my book from my jumpers pocket. I took a good look at it. I dragged my fingers across the letters that slightly bubbled out of the cover. I was a pretty beat up book. The spine was all cracked and the back was half cut off. I threw the book on my bed and turned back to my dresser. I unbuckled my belt and rolled it up in my drawer. I unbuttoned my jumper and slipped it off. I Slipped on my white pj shirt and let it fall down.

If you wear pants to bed willingly, no..

I folded my jumper and put in the drawer and closed it. I headed ot the bathroom and brush my teeth and hair. I look in the mirror and examine every strand of hair. Every curve. I finish up and walk out. I see the food package on the counter and open it. It had a container of spegetti with garlic bread and a side of fruit and water. I took out the fruit and opened the lid.   I picked up an apple slice and put it in my mouth. It tasted sour in my mouth. I put the fruit back in the bag. I went over to my bed and hopped on. I opened my book and started reading. 

5 chapters later and sleep overtakes me.

I got out of bed. Running out the front door and down the elevator. Everything was spinning. I stumbled down the front hall to outside of the apartment. I looked at the evening sky before me.

Why was i in bed so early? The sunset is so beautiful.

I walk further down the path until i hear a voice.

"Don't you know it's against the law to be out this late?"  A low voice startled me. I whipped my head over to the end of the bridge. A man in a white guards uniform was standing there holding his helmet, looking straight at me. He had a scruffy face but looked younger. Maybe in his early 20's. It's a face that i know to well. I gulped slightly. I walked towards the door of my apartment.

"I'm sorry sir, i...i didn't know that it was that late. I'm not looking for trouble.." I stuttered out as i tried to go inside. He stopped me.

"Yet here we are,' He looked me up and down,' Back in the same spot we were all those years ago, and your still as pathetic as you were when you were a kid. Just as stupid too." He spat as he punched me in the stomach making me fall on the cobblestone.

No, no, no, not again.

"You're... suppose to be deadd" I stumbled out. He kicked me in the ribs causing me to shriek out of pain. He dropped down and grabbed my hair and made me look back at him.

"Oh i am dead Kyla.... you killed me remember? I followed the law and got a bullet in the head because of your fucking pathetic ass! You killed me.... are you glad Kyla? Glad i suffered? Glad that i'm in a wooden box and 6 feet below?" He shoved my head on the stone and dug his heel in my shoulder blade making me scream out in pain.

He laughs as my tears and blood pour down my face. I hear him unravel something from his pocket and fear freezes through me. I feel a hand pull up my shirt to reveal my tattered back. HE chuckled and stood up again.

"I don't think you learned your lesson yet bitch" HE said in his lunitic tone and he Aimed his whip at my back.

"Nooo!" I startled awake in my bed, sweat pouring down my forehead. I looked around the apartment looking for him. I jumped out of bed and stumbled to lock the door. I locked it once, twice, three, four times. I put one hand on my racing heart and ran the other through my hair. I collapsed on the floor as silent tears fell from my cheeks as i leaned my head aginst the bed.