Chapter 16 - Secrets in Silence

Erin Pierpoint

So i guess no one heard my fucking question.

Sure, ignore the tree stump.

I didn't mind though. I saw Kyla's face when she saw the sky. It was like she was kid. There was hope and light in her eyes.

I didn't want to take this moment away. Stephan came around to get beside me. I looked over to him and smiled. He looked down at me and opened his mouth slightly but then shook his head and shut his mouth. I gave him a puzzled.

"What was that G?" I laughed slightly at him. He laughed quietly and mumbled a nothing. HE hugged me from the side. A cough ruined the whole fucking mood though.

"Well i'm sorry to interrupt what must be such a pinnacle moment in your newly freed lives but this is not the time to be gawking at the sky." Adam said with a tone of boredom?! 

What the fuck? Is this guy missing some bolts or something?

"Oh.... right sorry about that, Okay.." Cade cut her off.

"Hold it Sunshine, why are you so eager to help us?" He asked guarding Kyla. He's like a bulldog. Jesus Christ. I looked over to Adam who smiled slightly at the outside and then looked at me.

"I'm not helping you. You just happen to be on the same fucking journey." He said with a short chuckle. I scoffed making him look at me with a bewildered face.

"Great. So not only do we have to worry about everything else. Now we have to worry about a British daddy's boy. Perfect." I said with an eye roll. Within an instant, I was thrown against a barn wall. His eyes turned cold as he stared at me.

"I promise you, love. You'll have more things to worry about than who my father is." He snarled in my ear. I growled in response.

"I promise you, asshole. I will cut off your crayon sized dick and feed it to you with no remorse." I said with a smirk. He analyzed my face and laughed slowly and released me. I looked over to Stephan who looked pissed and than over to Kyla who looked absolutely fucking confused.

Same bitch

Fucking same.  

"Okay  Adam, how the hell do we get off this island?" Kyla said, stepping closer to him. Cade was obviously not letting that happen cause he just stopped her every step. Kyla let out a frustrated groan. Adam flickered an emotion back through his eyes at the two of them. Stephan let out a cough of impatience.

"A ferry will be here in the morning. It drops off the supplies every other day. We camp out here for now and then get on the boat when rush hour comes around. Even your pea sized brain could've pulled that plan out your ass." He said, annoyed. All of us could sense that last sentence was meant for Stephan. 

What the fuck is this guys problem?

"You got some fucking nerve for a prodigal son.." I cut him off.

"Stephan. Enough' I looked at Adam, who had a victorious smirk on his face,' He's not worth it" I pulled him away from the bitch in black. I heard Kyla let out a few curses as she walked up to one of the doors. She looked back to Adam.

"What's in here?" She looked up at him. Adam straightened his posture.

"Mainly storage facilities for the medical supervisors. Sometimes during the winter, shipments get to overloaded and the deliveries get too crowded so we put them in these rooms. There's food, clothes, books. Anything that get shipped from the packaging factories." He said motioning toward the rooms that were spread out through the wall. I watched as she nodded at the order around her.