Chapter 7- Bell Tower Blues

Kyla Avarado

I feel weightless....

Like i'm floating above water. The ripples around me are completely normal and unalarming.

I could breathe....

The sun was getting brighter and closer but it was so warm i couldn't pull away. I let myself get consumed...

I felt the sun shine through my face as the trickling of water filled the silence.

Wait. Water? Shit...

I sprang up out of bed and felt a little dizzy. covers were all on me. I sat aginst my wall and ran my hands through my hair. I heard the door of my bathroom unlock and i snapped my head towards it.

What the fuck is happening?

I scoot away to the side furthest away from the bathroom.

I know.Genius...

The door opens and im met with hypnotizing blue eyes.

Cade... and then it came to me...

Nightmare. 2 o'clock. Cade at window. Tears. Bed....Shittt. Fuckkk.

"Morning Sunshine," He said as he wrapped a towel around his waist. His curly hair was wet and droplets were falling down him.

Damn. Hes hot. His dark skin was was for show. He was muscled. He leaned against the door frame and crossed his arms. A droplet went Down his abs and past his V-line. A small chuckle snapped me out of my trance. I looked up at him and saw him smirk with amusement. Shit, he caught me staring..

Asshole....

"You sleep okay?" He asked sincerely. The question caught me off gaurd. I looked at him with a confused look.

"Yeah...."I mumbled quietly and lokked at my hands i was twidling. I couldn't look at him. I was embarressed. He probably thought i was a little girl who was afraid of her own shadow. I wasn't. Fuck no.

"I used your shower... i hope you don't mind?" He asked slightly nervous. I snapped my eyes back to him. He had run his hand through his hair and lazily left it there. I smiled slightly and shook my head. He let out a breath and smiled at me. We just kind of looked at each other for awhile. I couldn't hold it any longer.

"So,... why are you still here?" I asked confuzed. It sounds like a bitchy question but i tried not to make it bitchy. I think i succeeded because he kept his smile and looked down at his feet. I smiled too but still confused.

It's not my morning...

"I said I would take you out for breakfast, or in this case early brunch last night. Remember?" He recalled. When he said last night i froze. He saw me. He saw me freak out and pace and cry. He slept in my dumbass bed, and he still wants to get breakfast.

Is he crazy?

"Only in some cases Sunshine,' He chuckled making me cover my mouth. I said that out loud. Shit. I sighed and flipped my feet off the bed do they dangled,'so, you still up for brunch?" He asked hopefully. I looked him in the eye. Erin was always the boy charmer. She didn't care as much. She fucked and dumped but always told them straight up. I never understood how she did that though. I never could... i mean i had my one or two flings but they never lasted.

Erin gave him my address. Erin trusts a guy to be around me. Maybe she sees something i can't or won't. I don't know...

"Sure, but only if you still want to.."