Chapter 3 - Secrets and Silence

Kyla Avarado

He was the epitimy of a fox in sheeps clothing

He looked like a normal old man. All put together and professional. He had subtle smile but it didnt reach his eyes. His eyes bore into the camera. They were cold, menicing and mad. He looked insane.

"Welcome Citizens' he said. His voice was rough and a thick accent that i couldnt recognize coated his voice as he announced himself, 'I thank you for taking the time to meet with me this morning. I know you are not used to hearing anything from me. I apologize with the upost sincerity. I dont want you all ot think i pledge my loyalty belongs...."

"I'll show you loyalty when i pledge my foot up your---" i cut her off when i slammed my hand against her mouth and mumbled a quiet down. She glared at me and let out a huff of disapointment. I hold in a chuckle as she mumbles profanities. I shake my head and catch onto the rest of his speech.

"--But i promise you that you have not been left stranded. Your sacrifice for the greatr good will not go unrecognized or unpraised. You are lessons the new world will never fail to remember. A new era is coming and you will be the unborn heros to rise us up from the mundane. The council has a plan to bring humanity to a better level. I shall promise you. Youwill not be thought out of this plan. You are the concrete that we will build our nations high above the ground. We are entering the golden age and the time for renovation is long overdue.' He said that and a wicked smile came on his face.' I will report back soon with furthur instructions. Ah, before i take my leave, Citizens of the Grove,.... Thank you for your Purpose." He finished off and his screen went black. Guards began clearing out the auditorium and taking apart the pavillion. I got up and nudged Erin who was pretending to be asleep.

"Get up lazy ass!" i shouted and she laughed. She got up and we jumped down from the roof and walked toward the bikes. Stephan jogged over to us and waved us over. I waved back causing Erin to look back and smile at him. He stopped in front of our bikes.

"You wanna come with us? I have to pick up my munchies from the bakery any way." Erin asked him. I rolled my eyes at her biscuit addiction. Stephan laughed.

"No its good. You have your girl time, I''ll drop your babies off at your place tonight.' he declined her offer,' i totally forgot you rode me here". He stated. I choked back on air at his last comment. Stephan looked at me confused and then cackled when he realized the innuendo he just made.

Erin looked at us like we had lost our minds.

"What the hell is happening? Whats so funny?" she asked not clueing into the comment. I shook my head at her. She pouted. I found it funny that she couldnt catch on to sex jokes as fast as she could the actual sport but i loved her so it was okay. I side hugged Stephan goodbye and watched as  Stephan wrapped his arms around her and Erin did the same. It amazed me that Erin couldnt see that he adored her. I wanted to smack her. They pulled away and he went off with his friends.

Erin watched his back as he went out of sight. We are definetley talking about this later. I nudged her shoulder.

"Stare any longer and theres gonna be a hole in his back" i teased as she shook her head and jumped on her bike. I hummed in amusement and climbed on my bike. I nodded toward the library and she gave me a thumbs up. We rode by the old shops and pulled up to the library. I hopped off and locked it in place. I started up the steps and turned around.

"You aren't coming?" I ask Erin as shes made no move to get off of her bike. She looked zoned out as she shook her head. I nodded and went up to the door. I walked into the library and it was suprisingly empty. I looked around for Dorian but he was no where to be found. He must have been in the back or something.