Becoming Fae-Ch.4

Becoming Fae- Ch.4

The room was absolutely, perfectly beautiful. The walls were a dark shade of purple, and upon further inspection I found out I was right about the buds on the house being rooms. The walls felt like silk and the ceiling came to a point at the top. The bed was gigantic with a black head and footboard and a pristine white bedspread. The bed had a canopy made of a soft light purple mesh. I walked over to the bed and flopped down face first. It reminded me of the memory foam bed I had at home, but a little more like floating on a cloud. If one could float on a cloud that is.

I was so absorbed in what the rest of the room looked like I didn't notice that one of the walls was made completely out of, what  I assumed was one way glass, since I didn’t see any windows when I approached the house.. The material the window was made of bent with  the walls.

The view was amazing I had never seen anything like it. The window face the meadow we had landed in, and I could see all the flowers floating in the breeze. I could see quite far because there weren’t any trees between here and where we landed.

"Come on! I have to show you your closet!" Saph suddenly said from behind me making me jump.

"Uh, Okay. Lets go!" I responded she pulled me over to a pair of double doors with clear crystal door knobs.

When she opened it I was completely amazed at the sheer number of clothes fit into this closet, and it was quite a large closet. I had never had this many clothes.  I ran over to the nearest rack of clothes and felt them, then the next, and the next. They all were made from a strange, airy material I had never seen or felt before. The closest comparison would probably be silk.

" Okay I'm going to let you get changed." Saph said.

As I took off the last remaining part of the human world I had and slipped on a light blue sundress, I couldn’t help but feel sort of empty. Of course, it may have just been the light material of the clothes because after a few seconds I felt confident of my choice to come here, and began to feel a little better.

I fixed my hair a bit. It was quite a mess from the fall I had in the meadow.

I descended down the stairs and turned around the corner to find that my ‘mom’ was talking to my ‘dad’, Saph was talking to Chrystopher, and Nathan was sitting by himself, obviously by choice, reading.I  ran up to my room.

What was I thinking? Sure I had lost my family in from freak accident, but I was starting over. I was finally okay then these strangers show up in my house, say I’m a faerie, and I go along with it?  I left my normal, finally back to happy life for what? What was I expecting? I let everything for nothing. Why?, because I wanted to be special? Because of some threat that I didn’t even know if it was real or not?  I was completely alone here when I thought about it. I just sat in my room and cried silently before getting up and walking to the window.

Still crying I placed a hand and my forehead on the window. I brought up my other hand and hit the window, not hard enough to shatter it of course, I didn’t want to fall.

“Why am I so stupid!” I whispered with another hit to the window.

“You’re not.” A voice from the doorway shocked me and I jumped placing a hand over my chest.

“You almost gave me a heart attack! Don’t you know how to knock?” I said, tears no longer falling, but still lingering on my cheeks as I looked at Nathan standing in my door.

“Nope.” He said and sat down on my bed. “Now sit.”

“I’m fine here thanks.”

“Oh come on, I don’t bite.” He replied with a smirk and then a wink “much”

“Hah, right. Fine.” I responded with a slight chuckle.

“Now, serious time.”

I don’t know what it was but something about his tone and expression sent me into a fit of hysterical laughter.

“Shh, it’s serious time” Nathan said placing a hand over my mouth.

“Fine” I mumbled and he took his hand off my mouth and placed it on my lap.

We were both now sitting on my bed, facing the wall opposite of it. Suddenly it seemed really awkward here.

“Now. First, you aren’t stupid. Second, you came with us here because deep down, you know this is where you belong. This is your true home, not that noisy, polluted, crowded human realm. You know this is your real home.
Third, you aren’t alone here. You have your family, trust me they do love you, especially Saph. She was so excited when we figured out how to find you. And you have me.....and, and Chrys. Him too. Plus, you’ll make plenty of friends once we leave for Fae Academy. My brother’s been telling me about it. He says it’s a great place, always something to do there. And you know, if you ever feel lost or lonely, you’re always gonna have a cute jerk there for ya, to annoy you when you need it the most” Nathan paused. “So, better?”

“Heh, yeah I guess so, thanks.” I took a pause myself “That was...uncharacteristically nice”

“So, I’m a nice cute jerk now? You might want to shorten your nicknames you know.” He said with a little chuckle. “Hey Amethyst?”

I turned toward him to be met by his face just inches from mine. I looked into his eyes as he whispered,

“Your mom wants to talk to you, she’s still downstairs” and then with a smirk, he stood up and walked out the door.

I fell backwards onto my bed and sighed. He really was a jerk wasn’t he?

<Cute jerk, and don’t you forget it princess>

{Princess? And you say that I’m bad with nicknames}

<What you don’t like it?>

{No.}

<Good, it’s serving its purpose then.>

I sighed once again stood up and made my way down stairs. I sat on the couch in the middle of Saph and Nathan, Chrys was on Saph’s other side and we were facing my ‘parents’.

"Okay we need to tell you about Fae Academy” It was my ‘mom’ that spoke up.

“It’s like a boarding school. You live there in the building  with 2 other roommates. Saph and someone named Madelyn are your roommates Amey. Oh! Nathan and Chrystopher you’re both roommates with someone named Jacobb" She paused for a breath "Anyways, there is no dress code, so the clothes you have here will do just fine. At the school you will be taught how to control water. As first years you get what is considered a 'baby' element. 2nd year you're taught air, 3rd is earth, and 4th is fire. You will also be taught how to use any special powers you have." she cleared her throat "Nathan, Crystopher and Saph have informed me you have the power to control the weather. That is an extremely rare talent among Fae and you will need to be taught how to use it wisely. Oh and one more thing, about a week after your first day of school, you will grow your wings! Any questions?" she finished.

"Yeah just one" I answered " Are you all sure I can't fly?" I asked with the most serious face I could come up with.

My ‘mom’ had a strange look pass across her face for a fraction of a second.

"Sorry Amey, but you can't fly you silly willy!" Saph answered through her laughs.

"Oh I almost forgot," My mom suddenly said "your tutoring with Nathan starts tomorrow so get some rest."  

I went up to my room got ready for bed and went to sleep. It was going to be a long, long day tomorrow.