A new addition to the family

After his training, Garito went back to work as a leader. While he was resting, Ghira and Blake took care of important things, and information from the scouts was written down so Garito could read their report. And blind Adam ended up in prison. As Garito went through the reports suddenly Tyrian came to his office.

Garito: Tyrian, you're back, I hope your work was a success.

Tyrian: I'm sorry, Your Highness, but by the time I got there they were all dead.

Garito: Any details?

Tyrian: Yes, each corpse had only one fatal hit, and it appears that either the attackers were very quiet or extremely fast. So it looks like it has to be a professional.

Garito: Did you find anything else?

Tyrian: No...

Garito: Okay, good job. I'm going to look at it in person.

Tyrian: But if the man is still there?

Garito: I have new tricks up my sleeve so I won't miss anything. But so that you don't stress so much, I'll take someone with me.

Then Garito went to the blacksmith to pick up his new helmet, which looked just like the old one, complete copy. Garito then looked around and saw who he will take with him.

Garito: (thinks) So Raven is training newcomers now so she can't, then Cinder is here, she's teaching archery and magic again, Holden's still in town, Blake is off today, so all that's left is Seren. I know it sounds weird that I have her last choice but I can't let anything happen to her, Raven and Cinder can take care of themselves but not Seren if it weren't for Rosaria, so many things would be different.

Then Garito went to the small church of the Black Stone Legion where every believer can pray for a while. There he found Seren in front and praying. Garito waited at the entrance for Seren to pray. When she finished, she noticed Garito and came to Garito.

Seren: How can I help Garito?

Garito: I'm going on a short expedition and I was wondering if you want to come with me?

Seren: Just the two of us? (began to blushes) Sure, and when we leave, I can go now.

Garito: The sooner the better, come on.

And they went out of the camp into the woods.

After about half an hour they found the camp, Seren was frightened and began to pray quietly. A voice could be heard from the shadows, but it was a girl's voice.

???: Hell is starting. We are flame, rain, power... Let there be a slaughter...

Suddenly something flew straight to Garito and it was knives that he quickly blocked.

???: We're hungry! We'll tear you into pieces!

Garito: Why are you here and why did you kill those bandits?

???: They did something terrible to us so we did something terrible to them.

Garito: When you're alive, did the bandits do anything to your family or friends?

???: Mo...Mommy.. No no no! I told you to stop......!

Garito: What happened?

???: We just... wanted to go home...

Garito: Do you have a place to go?

???: No...

Garito: You can join us. We will give you a home and food you need.

???: Then you will be our mommy?

Then the girl came out of the shadows.

Garito: Wait what?! I mean, if you want to call me that, I have no objections

???: Yay, thank you! (hugs Garito)

Garito: What's your name anyway?

???: Jack.

Garito: no last name?

Jack: No...

Garito: How about Jack Veskante?

Jack: We love it thanks mommy! (hugs Garito again) Mommy, We're hungry.

Garito: So come with us and you will get to eat as much as you want.

Jack: All right mommy! (held Garito by the hand)

Seren looks at them in shock and without words.

Seren: At least no one was hurt.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading