24~ Happier

--Newt's POV--

I watched as y/n took the girl's arm and led her away to begin the tour. She looked so excited and happy: this was gonna be good for her. I joined Minho and Fry who were sat on the ground watching her aswell.

"I hope this makes her much happier- she's been so down recently and I can't bear it." I confessed in a rather low-spirited start to a conversation.

"We can't bear it either, Newt. No offense to her, because of course I love that shank, but she pretty much looks like a walking corpse on some days- she is really not good at hiding her feelings." Minho admitted, but to be honest he wasn't wrong. She was really good at hiding her feelings before, but she has just been so down in the dumps in the past few months that I don't think she's even bothered trying to hide it- she shouldn't hide it though. Of course, her not hiding her sadness makes me sad too but I would rather she didn't bottle up her feelings and just bloody talked to me- if she needs to look like a zombie in the process then so be it.

Fry added, "Well hopefully, the girl being here will lighten her up a bit. OOH and I can give her some extra bacon tonight as well so she is even happier."

Minho just laughed at him and said, "Fry, bacon isn't the answer to everyone's problems." Fry looked offended but laughed it off, "Heyyy that hurt man. But trust me, bacon is the answer to everyone's problems- especially y/n's problems because she loves my bacon!" We all laughed some more and got on with unpacking the crates and boxes of supplies.

I just hope this girl makes her better. I hope she makes her happier.

-- Y/N's POV--

The greenie and I talked for hours during and after the glade tour until we heard the dinner bell. We went together to the tables and as we walked in, a few horny boys were whistling at the fresh piece of meat. I shot them all warning glances and they stopped once I ordered, "Behave yourselves children- she's not interested in immature slintheads who whistle when they see an ass." An incredibly awkward silence fell and the boys in question went bright red. After a second, the silence grew into conversation and it was back to normal.

I led my new friend over to Fry so we could get our dinner and so he could introduce himself to her. "Hey girl! My names Frypan, but you can call me Fry." He did his contagious smile and then she laughed. I could tell they were gonna be great friends.

Once we had our food (which was Fry's stew), I brought her with me to the table Newt, Alby, and Minho were sat at. Alby and Minho introduced themselves and Newt just smiled as I sat down on the seat next to him and locked our fingers together under the table. Greenie sat on the other side of me, opposite Minho and then Alby was opposite Newt. Minho and the newbie were sharing these weird looks across the table and she was blushing. I saw him grin and wink at her- Ugh classic Minho... at least he's confident I guess.

Alby cleared his throat and explained the rules of the Glade to her, "Never go outside the Glade, unless you are a runner; Never hurt another Glader; and do your part, we can't have any slackers around here. Got it?" 

She nodded quickly but then questioned him, "What's a runner?" Alby then realised it was probably best he didn't tell a greenie about being a runner (they get all inquisitive) but there was no taking it back now. "There are different jobs around here, and a runner is one of them. Being a runner is dangerous though and it's not ideal- I wouldn't try it if I were you." She nodded again in response and started slurping her stew.

A little bit later, once we had finished our dinner, Alby announced, "Bonfire will be ready in about 30 minutes, y/n/n. You should go get her settled in for tonight."

"Where is she sleeping?"

"She can sleep in Newt's hut for the time being- just until we can finish building her a room of her own." Alby stated. That's a great plan. Although I trust the boys, I don't want them to get a bit too 'grabby' or something. Also, she could have stayed with me but I wouldn't want to wake her up with the whole screaming thing. If she sleeps in Newt's hut (which is next to mine) then she might be able to slightly hear it if anything happens, but the builders tried their hardest to soundproof my room so it should be okay for her.

"Sounds great to me Al." I smirked as I winked at Newt jokingly and he giggled.

"None of that please! Once again, I don't fancy having to look after babies aswell as the boys!"

"Albyyyy stop ruining our fun!" I pouted.

"None. Of. That."

I grabbed the girl's hand and pulled her from the bench, and from her eye contact with Minho. God they seem to like each other. Good for them I guess but they can get to know each other later because I need to show her her room.

I brought Newt with us since it was his room and he showed her around. He then left to help set up the bonfire and I showed her to where Newt and I would be, incase anything happened. I gave her some clothes that had came up with her in some of the crates, and then I told her she could use the shower in my hut next-door if she needed to shower because the boys ones are communal and I'm sure she wouldn't want the boys staring. She said thank you and I told her we should get going to the bonfire now and that I was just going to go in my slippers and joggers combo that I threw on earlier, so she didn't have to get changed or whatever if she didn't want to (not that we have any formal clothes, I mean like she didn't have to dress a certain way for it).