𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖍𝖎𝖗𝖙𝖞-𝕿𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊: 𝗔 𝗛𝘆𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗱𝘀' 𝗥𝗶𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗹

Chapter Thirty-Three-- -------- --A Hybrids' Ritual

-- -------- --
A Hybrids' Ritual

April 28th, 2010
Opening the side entrance to the coffin I called home, the delectable scent of breakfast dilly-dallied through the house, the scent furthering as I made my way to the parlour, uninterested in being caught in whatever Stefan and Damon were arguing about outside.
  "Elle? Where have you been?" Elena questions with concern, passing Elijah to consume me in her embrace as my appearance came as a shock.
  "Miss Forbes' house I presume." Elijah speculated, a short smile on his face as my feet subconsciously headed for him, also engulfing him in a hug as he stood beside an old wooden box. I had no time to ask questions as I heard Jenna arguing with someone before I realised that it was our dear friend; Alaric Saltzman. As they argue he assures the room that Klaus had let him go, after a rather embarrassing admission on Alaric's part, Jenna confirmed that it was Alaric who was standing before us.
  "He wanted me to deliver a message. The sacrifice happens tonight." Alaric confirms, pushing everyone's nerves to the forefront as my legs take up a mind of their own. Tightly winding Alaric in a hug, he accepts it, hugging me back as this is the first time he's seen me since I swept myself into a coma.
  "It's good to see you upright, Marie." Alaric declared, returning our reunion with a smile as his true appearance had lifted my spirits.
  "It's good to see you...you," I responded, pulling away from our reuniting hug after the last few weeks.
  "We need to prepare, if Klaus is planning something it's going to be with the full moon, best chances are, he's planning a dinner date with Elena and the poor sods he's sacrificing." I state, confirming the necessity of a plan to the individuals of the room, earning agreeing nods as we filter into the parlour, devising a plan.

-- -------- --

Picking up Caroline from the Grill, her mother had told us about Carol Lockwood, much rather what had happened to her. Worried as ever, Caroline wished to visit Carol to see if she was ok, I obliged and offered to take her after I drove home this morning. Sliding out of the car, I lock up as Caroline walks ahead of me, walking in front to speak to the front desk about visiting Mayor Lockwood.
  "Tyler? Jules." Caroline's voice was faint as I walked from my side of the car, now appearing slightly behind Caroline as my hand comfortingly made its way to her back.
  "I'll give you a few minutes. And just a few, Tyler." Jules demands, scuttling away to what I presumed was her own car as Tyler stood before Caroline and I.
  "She's just making sure I'm safe," Tyler assures, making it known that no harm should come to her whilst Jules was still in town.
  "So you two are, like, friends now?" Caroline interrogates, clearly troubled with this decision.
  "She's been helping me. What about you two, how are you?" Tyler asks, keeping the conversation running as Caroline bore an unamused face.
  "We heard about your mom. We just came to check in on her." she deflects, uninterested in anything Tyler had to say, especially after seeing him partnered up with his hellcat mentor, Jules.
  "She's banged up, but she'll be ok," Tyler reassures us, this conversation was still bland, awkward almost.
  "What about you? How are things going?" I inquired, briefly stunning Caroline at the fact I had decided to communicate verbally with the wolf since the threats I made the last time we saw one another. I couldn't stay rageful forever, he was still just a kid who had made a few mistakes, everyone makes mistakes.
  "I'm hanging in there," he responds, keeping his words sparse as to not say too much, angering me looked to be the last thing he wanted to do.
  "Look, I should get going. Jules and I need to get on the road." Tyler states, passing us as he heads for Jules' car, attempting to ignore Caroline's concerns. As the two argue, the presence of two malice intended witches alerts itself to me, in an attempt to save Caroline, I manage to pull her away but it wasn't enough. She collapses to her knees as I go down with her, however, not in pain as I attempt to reduce the situation, flighting my arm at the witch who seemed to be affecting her, only for a man I recognised to be Maddox took down Tyler. Fighting the urge to coddle my girlfriend I fire off at the second witch, she fires it back at me as brute hands take a hold of me from behind. Elbowing Maddox I turn to make my escape, kicking the bastard with whatever wolf abilities I hand left before feeling a pinch in my neck. A thin needle entering in and out as my body crumpled to the floor, much like Caroline.