𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕰𝖎𝖌𝖍𝖙: 𝗜𝘁 𝗧𝗮𝗸𝗲𝘀 𝗠𝗼𝗿𝗲 𝗧𝗵𝗮𝗻 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗼 𝗞𝗶𝗹𝗹 𝗠𝗲

Chapter Twenty-Eight-- -------- --It Takes More Than Death To Kill Me

-- -------- --
It Takes More Than Death To Kill Me

  "So you're going to bait out Klaus with Elena, then what? Kill him? Are you mad, Elijah! You remember those advantageous little dagger's he has, he'll plunge one into you the first chance he gets!" I protest, looming over at Elijah's seated form across Jonas and Luka Martin's dining room table. The older gentleman and his son, Luka, weren't home at the moment, taking a walk for a father-son moment at the Grill.
  "Elena agreed to this plan, negotiating the freedom of your brother in the process with the encapturment of Katerina, the protection of those who she holds dear, your life included," Elijah disputes, taking a large gulp of whiskey as we debate over the sombre candlelight.
  "What are your plans? After he arrives, lure him out to do what?" I urge, snatching away his drink to take a sip of poison as the candles flicker, my rage causing them to ignite and diminish as I grow unnerved. I darted through the same process his own convoluted mind would've taken, landing at only one conclusion.
  "I will allow him to break his curse-"
  "And then you'll kill him." I conclude, looking towards the older vampire in disbelief. There were no words I could've spoken to rightfully argue with him, no qualms I had could rival his already made up mind. Leaning over for my handbag, I simply leave him to his lone devices, not wanting anything to do with him after his confession. I wouldn't allow him to murder both Klaus and Elena, no matter who I had to betray, murder, torture or gaslight. No harm would come to our human doppelgänger or the millennia-old hybrid.

Using his strengths, he appears before me as I scurry for the front door. He doesn't forcibly block me, if I were to elbow him he'd eventually let me pass but something told me I wouldn't want to do that.
  "How could you do something like that? To your own brother! I know the qualms of family, better than anyone, may I add, and never have I acted upon the conspiring of my own brother's death. Niklaus is many things, he's a liar, a manipulator, a Machiavellian mastermind, but you are his brother! The only one he can trust. How do I know that you're not coming for me next? Or if you'll even hold true to your vows to Elena. You swore a vow to him, and look where that ended, in your conspiracy to kill him!" I fumed, enunciating every word as I fought his brother's case, but it was no use. He had already decided.
  "Unlike Klaus, you haven't sold away our siblings to the impasse of the sea. You are a dear friend, Marielle, your life will always be in my interest. I would hate for you to choose a side, between Klaus and I, but know one thing; I will follow through with my promises to your human friend." he responds, stepping aside as I hear the churning of the front door's lock. Luka enters first, his father not far behind.
  "It looks like it is time for my departure, goodnight Elijah." I assert, sliding out of the door to the comfort of my truck, not wanting to fame another supernatural creature until the morning.

A new foe was afoot, Jules. Mason's friend and local snooper. Also now a murderer, or soon to be murderer, of one of our newest 'allies' (if you could even call Rose-Marie that). Although Damon was fairly positive that the fabled werewolf bite was a hoax, I had been around a combination of both my species' to know that this wasn't true. I had dealt that card to others and watched others deal those cards to their victims. There was no cure for a werewolf bite, nothing can truly be immortal, nature always had a backup plan. especially with creatures of dark magic; such as vampires and wolves. Damon would have to consume this knowledge at his own pace, somehow blocking the pessimistic truth from his path as he was blinded by his newest distraction from the bewitching Elena. Rose-Marie was going to die. He just couldn't admit it.