𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕾𝖎𝖝: 𝗢𝗿𝗶𝗴𝗶𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗠𝗮𝗰𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻𝘀

Chapter Twenty-Six-- -------- --Original Machinations

Chapter Twenty-Six
-- -------- --
Original Machinations

March 26th, 2010
Elijah takes a seat across from me at our table, returning from his own room here at the hotel. A rather sublime setting for a man flying under the radar. The previous night after rejoining we conversed for hours, there was a lot to talk about after ninety longspun years, we shared a bottle of red wine at the dining suite at our hotel whilst he compelled the staff to leave their eavesdropping intentions at the door. We spoke about my brothers, a primary background which then led to a discussion about Elena, gesturing at the incredible probability of another doppelgänger after Katerina's line ended with her. Now, we sat before one another to eat breakfast as we maintained last nights' lengthy conversation, chattering over everything but one subject; Klaus. Elijah had deflected every inquest about the whereabouts and or wellbeing of his younger brother, a brother I still cared so strongly for, even after so numerous years apart. I had the feeling that Elijah might've not known the answers to those questions, that it was the guilt of finally leaving Klaus behind that he evaded telling me the truth. However, I would leave it for now, enjoying the tranquillity of our long-awaited reunion as we both plot to retrieve Elena.

Stefan had been calling me repeatedly since last night, Damon also putting in a hard graft at annoying me as they had no idea of my whereabouts. I simply texted that I was alive, staying at a hotel that I had hitchhiked my way to, Damon was less than pleased.
  "You mentioned having witches that are moving into Mystic Falls?" I inquired, taking a sip of the orange juice so kindly gathered for us by our waitress.
  "Yes, the Martins, Jonas and Luka. They will be helping with the efforts to retrieve the moonstone from your friends." Elijah clarifies, also taking a decent mouthful of bourbon as we wait for our breakfast to arrive.
  "Make sure that no harm comes to Bonnie Bennett, her grandmother entrusted me with her shortly before her passing. If anything were to happen to her...I'd lose my mind." I admitted, spotting our waitress returning with our order, simple eggs on toast for me and a cup of coffee for Elijah.
  "I promise you that no harm will come to her, this also includes Elena. I intend to protect her from my brother's clutches." Elijah vows, thought this slip up on information was just too easy not to grasp. I pull the string, hoping that if it were to lead me anywhere, it would be the truth.
  "And where is Klaus? Usually, where you are, Klaus isn't far behind or vice versa." I query, slicing through my perfectly cooked eyes as the Original debates on whether he should be truthful, or lie.
  "I have not seen Klaus since 1933, Germany. His whereabouts are no immediate concern to me." Elijah speaks, although he is lying just not in the manner I had first predicted.
  "You mean you don't know where he is. Not that you don't care per se, the problem is that you don't know. Why? What has he done this time?" I press, wanting the utmost truth of my past lover's sins against the rest of the Original family. I would've thought it was his usual antics, killing witches he shouldn't of, forming enemies from nothing but his paranoid ego.
  "He had lied to me. He had daggered Rebekah not long after we fled New Orleans, instead of telling me the truth, he sent falsified letters of our sisters' adventures with a 'Stefan Salvatore', I imagine you have arrived at the same conclusion as I." he now spoke the truth as he composed his posture - as if it wasn't perfect already.