𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞-𝕱𝖎𝖛𝖊: 𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘆 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀 𝗧𝗼𝗼 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴

Chapter Twenty Five-- -------- --Ninety Years Too Long

Chapter Twenty Five
-- -------- --
Ninety Years Too Long

March 25th, 2010
Pain. Pain in my right arm where I had fallen, in my head where it had smacked against the concrete, my throat where I had been strangled and now the discomfort of my body laid against, or rather on top of, somebody else's as they wriggled. Whimpers of the voice beneath me began to grow louder as I felt ropes being loosened against my burning skin, the smell of blood, the presence of dark magic. The presence of vampires, old ones, half a century maybe older. The figure underneath me belongs to Elena, her doppelganger allure, the fear in her voice as I'm rolled onto the floor whilst the vampire attempts to feed on her, but my body is paralyzed, unable to move as the second vampire emerges into the room, ridiculing the first.
  "What did you do to her? What do you want with us?" I hear Elena question as her body leans over mine, pulling stray hair out of my eyes as they groggily flicker open, the alcohol from last night was a particularly unwise idea in retrospect.
  "My god, you look just like her." the female vampire comments, her aura edging closer as Elena begs for her freedom. Assuring the woman that she wasn't Katherine.
  "I know who you are, I said be quiet." she enforces as Elena pushes once more, the loyal wolf instincts compel me upwards, pulling Elena back onto the sofa as the vampire tries to silence her with a swift, almighty back-hand.
  "The old vampire said to be quiet, so stay quiet." I chastise, allowing her to roll off me to the side, her every breath consumed with anxiety as I groaned, the pain throughout my body becoming unbearingly strong.
  "At least one of you has a sliver of intelligence." she ridicules before whisking away, using her agility to exit the room as I check Elena for serious injuries. She's withholding the tears in her eyes, to which she noticed I was as well. However, our pains were dramatically different. Elena permits me to rest my forehead against her shoulder, rubbing my back as I fight through the pain tearing through me as we sit together in terrifying taciturnity.

The two vampires speak in the distance, my hearing is much clearer that Elena's although by her reaction I can tell we're both hearing the same thing.
  "So you called him?" the male vampire queries, relaxed, not a care in the world as they seem to not care for hushed tones.
  "No. I called one of his contacts. You know how this works." the female fights, detached in the male's obvious stupidity.
  "Did you, or did you not, get the message to Elijah." with those words my body turns upright, staring Elena dead in the eyes, as she turns at me perplexed.
  "Who's Elijah?" she mouths, clearly unsettled by my obvious reaction. I lean in, whispering as to not immediately bring attention to us.
  "Old friend." I promise, brushing my fingers against her face in an amicable attempt to comfort the poor human girl.
  "They say he got it." the woman replied to the man's statement, continuing to pace about as worry is obvious within her, she was afraid of Elijah. Rightfully so.
  "Wonderful. And what?" the male pushes, his uneasiness now creeping into his tone, his inability to sit still displaying the obvious. Elena asked no more questions to my previous statement, following slowly behind me as we approached the vampires.
  "So that's it, Trevor. He either got it or he didn't. We just have to wait." the female responds, name dropping her partner as they continue to pace about one another.
  "It's not too late. We can leave them here. We don't have to go through with this." Trevor's anxiety now raises the more they converse about Elijah. Once he arrived or rather if he arrived, if he could believe that it was still truly me walking this earth ninety years on, he would be able to help us escape, send us back home and then he could take me to meet with the rest of them, the family I had missed so much.
  "I'm sick of running." the woman argues.
  "Yeah? Well, running keeps us from dying." Trevor retorted, attempting to get closer, the floorboard underneath my foot creaks, drawing immediate attention towards both myself and Elena. Instinctively, I push the human behind me, I wouldn't have enough fuel in the tank to take them both on, but I would protect the human at all costs, at least for now.
  "You. There's nothing around here for miles. If either of you think you're getting out, you're tragically wrong. Understand?" she declared, attempting to make herself look threatening as no emotion but anger overtook her, typical old-fashioned vampire behaviour.
  "Who's Elijah?" Elena questions from behind me, pretending not to have heard my explanation. I had hoped she wouldn't bring this up, getting either of us out of deep waters was way out of my depth at the moment.
  "He's your worst nightmare." she responds, walking off uninterested in us roaming about the house. Pulling Elena into a hug to comfort her during these pressing times, she steps forward, surpassing me with determination to question the two very old vampires on her own, ruling that she wanted answers. However, this time, she was on her own. The tidal waves of nausea would be detrimental against keeping me upright, she urged me to go sit back down, knowing that if she was a bargaining chip, the two vampires wouldn't hurt her.