𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖓𝖙𝖞: 𝗖𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗼𝗻𝗱𝘀 𝗕𝗲𝘁𝘄𝗶𝘅𝘁 𝗪𝗼𝗹𝘃𝗲𝘀

Chapter Twenty-- -------- --Creating Bonds Betwixt Wolves

Chapter Twenty
-- -------- --
Creating Bonds Betwixt Wolves

February 28th, 2010
Intense streams of light shone in from the open window, a cold breeze awakening me from my sleeping state beside the newest vampire addition to the town. Reaching around the bed, I close the curtains just in case Caroline were to burn herself. Just as promised, I gathered my belongings, slipping my shoes onto my feet before wandering into the kitchen. It's early, however, I have time before returning to Elena's house. I whip together a sporadic breakfast for Sheriff Forbes who had been hounded by Carol Lockwood over the mistake of her husband's capturing and later death. The poor woman deserved a break, even though the fraying of Caroline and her mother's relationship was largely evident, Elizabeth was struggling to keep everything together. I leave a plate in the bottom of the mildly warmed oven, placing a post-it-note on the coffee machine for Sheriff Forbes to her surprise breakfast before jetting off so as to not disturb the household any further.

Immense hurt was a deep emotion to battle through, nonetheless, I did the right thing. Caroline was with Matt, a boy I respected albeit he wasn't a man who could show her what the world had to offer, nevertheless, he loved her, that was all that mattered. Next on the list to distract myself was finding Mason Lockwood, sitting him down for a chat and devising a plan about the unravelling of the werewolf secrets in town. Sliding into the truck, I spotted movement in the Forbes household as I drove away. Hopefully, Elizabeth received her breakfast, she was a hard-working woman after-all. After twenty minutes, I arrive at the Lockwood mansion. 8:20 am, and there he was, Mason Lockwood, getting ready for his morning run, just like I had planned. I'd been stalking the poor bastard for a few days now, notifying Damon that I was also on a trail about the Lockwoods.
  "Hey! Do you mind if I join you?" I call over, re-tying up my hair as I stalk my way towards my prey who had just finished tying his laces.
  "Aren't you like sixteen, kid? Run along." he retorted, not in the mood for teenage shenanigans, however, I wasn't frightened of a child like him.
  "Not even if it was about...wolves?" I imply, making my presence apparent as we now stand watching at one another. His interest is piqued, I had him on the end of my leash, now I just had to pull him along.
  "I don't know what you're talking about." he discarded, trying to push past me.
  "The vampires of this town want to know what you are. They're getting close to finding out the truth. Now, do you want to help me keep that from them, or not?" I question, feeling his teeth tackle the bait at the end of the line, tentatively reeling him into my trap.
  "Aren't you a vampire?" he rudely countered, jogging as I followed alongside him, keeping us both at a reasonable pace.
  "No, I may be old, but I'm like just like you," I confess, the first time in ninety years the truth came pouring out of my chapped lips, finally discharging the years of compressed pain due to brewing lies. He stays silent, I take it as my chance to continue.
  "I gave it away, returned it for immortal life to spend it with the vampires, it would have caused me more trouble than not if I'd have stayed. However, I understand the pain but I also know what will happen to both of us if any of the council find out. Now, will you talk to me or not?" I expound, fastening our pace as we cross the painted streets, not caring for the cars nor people as we run, it relieves some of the caged animalistic wonders, alleviating the vicious claws of the caged wolf inside.
  "What do you want to know?" Mason gave in, pointing for an upcoming crossing as we ran, our pace not diminishing as he attempted to keep up with me, a 'senior citizen' as Damon put it.
  "When did this begin? The werewolf lineage?" I catechized, our feet pounding into the concrete as we have an ancient battle of beast vs beast, nature's survival of the fittest.
  "The only thing I know is that it came during the settling of the town, the only thing I found was a journal of my ancestors', George, I think his name was," he admitted, to which I sounded out a laugh, confusing him immensely.
  "George Lockwood was a werewolf? I'd known the man since I was a child, he'd used to force my oldest brother to do silly tricks for the pretty girls in town. His brother, Alistair, asked me to the first Founder Ball, that's astonishing!" I chuckled, earning no such reaction from Mason, who'd just continued in silence, the wonder in his eyes suggested many questions, none I'd be answering today.
  "Enough of the nostalgia, you said the vampires were looking for the truth, you're the one who came to me with the idea to stop them." Mason cut in against my childish giggling, reminding me to never do that trick again.
  "Stay hidden, stop using your strength on teenagers, pretend you've pulled a muscle or some shit, blend in with your nephew and god forbid, keep him from finding out. The less Tyler knows the better, he could become a liability once the vampires figure out what he knows." I shoot back, sick of the arrogant wanker's attitude towards me, reminding me of how stuck up Lockwoods' have always been.