𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕿𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊: 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗻𝗲𝘁𝘁 𝗖𝗼𝗼𝗸𝗯𝗼𝗼𝗸

Chapter Twelve-- -------- --The Bennett's Cookbook

Chapter Twelve
-- -------- --
The Bennett's Cookbook

December 11th, 2009
Damon was already out to cause his customary mischief this morning as Stefan and Elena were coddled in bed. We had struck up an allegiance, a plan to save Katherine but he needed my help. He'd used his blandishments to coerce me into assisting him, they unnervingly worked as I paced off into the house to search for spells that could succour us in his desperate search for his long lost love. When Damon announced his presence in the bedroom, both lovers who were twisted amongst the bedsheets called out in annoyance at his antics.
  "Now listen, we have some very important business to discuss," Damon reasons, leaning into the mattress.
  "It had to be now?" Elena fired, pulling up the bedsheets to further cover herself and subsequently Stefan.
  "We have lots to do, now that we're all friends and working towards a common goal." he snarks, leaving his spot on the bed to gesture towards my newly arrived presence in the room, one even Stefan had neglected to notice.
  "In order to open the tomb, we need to find Jonathan's journal to acquire the grimoire which will teach us how to undo the spells. Since you are Elena Gilbert, you're on journal duty." I announce, stepping into the room to further my presence. Elena stares up with slight confusion, remarking about her entanglements in the latest acts of 'diabolical plan v.3'
  "Stefan's helping. And you've taken residency in Stefan's bed. Ergo-" Damon chides, Stefan hastily remarks that Elena could stay out of it if she wished, nonetheless she confirms that she would take part, at least for today. 
  "How do we know that this journal will hold the location of the grimoire? We're really gonna take the word of this vampire? Seemed like a dimwit." Stefan disputes directed exactly at Damon, who's 'salvation' - his words, not mine - rested on saving Katherine from a lifetime of desiccation.
  "What exactly is a grimoire anyway?" Elena openly questions, her eyes directing towards me as to assume I had the answers she was searching for.
  "It's a witch's cookbook." Damon discards, offensively step directly in front of him, I catch wondering Elena's gaze.
  "Every spell a witch casts is unique. Which means every witch will have to document their work as no two spells are the same although spells can be replicated." I correctly inform, only leading Damon to trace back to his original statement 'witch's cookbook'
  "What about our mystery vampire? Dimwit, obviously, wasn't working alone so whoever is out there knows who we are." my blonde brother reasons to which Damon responded:
  "And I don't like that disadvantage. So...chop-chop." He grabbed my shoulder, guiding me as he exits their bedroom, always assuring that he had the final (arrogant) blow.

-- -------- --

Stefan meets me outside Elena's house after spending his entire afternoon with her, he'd alerted me to the position of the grimoire is in the hands of our brand-new history teacher; Alaric Saltzman. Shame, I liked the man, we'd had many decent conversations through lessons and he'd even requested for me to join one of the history competitions at the school next summer, jokingly assuming if he'd be in his position for that long. Stefan uses his abilities to get both of us into the building, he would grab the journal whilst I would keep watch for either the teacher or our mystery vampire. He checks the desk for the journal, whilst I watch Mr Saltzman enter the room of what I perceived to be a shotgun, which he oddly acquired during a break in...at a school. Arriving at Stefan's aid, I stand behind him, now noticing that the shotgun was some sort of weapon with stakes protruding from the sides.
  "You shouldn't have done that." I growled, shoving him back towards the chairs of his moderately clean classroom, he flies back to his feet in the midst of fury and fear, I gestured for him to take a seat as my brother lightly searched the room.