𝕮𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 𝕾𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓: 𝗖𝗮𝘁𝘀' 𝗢𝘂𝘁 𝗢𝗳 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗴

Chapter Seven-- -------- --The Cats' Out Of The Bag

Chapter Seven
-- -------- --
The Cats' Out Of The Bag

September 30th, 2009
Things had taken a turn for the worst. After we successfully imprisoned our brother in the cellar, he somehow still managed to grasp onto Caroline, putting her in danger once again which transpired to the death of our darling, albeit doltish, nephew Zach. Elena and Stefan had had an argument, to apologise Stefan cooked dinner and all seemed to be forgiven until an older gentleman identified my brother our in the open right before Elena's curious ears, she came to the conclusion that Stefan wasn't who he said he was, or rather what he said he was. This revelation led her to our front door whilst we were gathering supplies to rid ourselves of Damon, impermanently, well at least on my end. He revealed later that he himself was a vampire and that I was something different altogether, but assured me that I would disclose my true nature to Elena on my own terms. Stefan and I were walking to meet Elena at an outdoor café this morning, just mere hours after she had confronted Stefan about his mysteries, or to put it easier, his lies.

-- -------- --

Mystic Falls, Virginia 1864
Father had alerted us to the arrival of a house guest who was relocating from the Atlanta Fires, an orphan girl who would be staying with us until she returned to her own two feet. I was exhilarated to be having a new guest in the house, especially that of another girl roaming about the halls. There had been no interesting women in the confines since mother passed in 1858. I stand patiently next to the youngest of my elder brothers, Stefan was now playing the eldest, whilst our older brother, Damon, was away battling in war.

I had missed my oldest and dearest brother very much, Stefan was very little fun during this time, he was still hung up over his summer romance with Valerie Tulle, a girl who didn't deserve my brother's charming heart nor handsome face. As the auburn horses trot inside the confines of our Manor, two beautiful women exit the carriage as the horses promptly finish their course. One woman wore many colder tones, like her blue dress matched with her purple flowery hat, whilst the other dressed warmly in stripes of rich beige and curled brunette locks. A gorgeous colour that not even my artist's rendition could live up to its spectacular beauty. My brother holds out his arm as to aid me down the front steps, my pattered canary dress which, in my opinion, matched the enchanting trance of the winsome bird it was attempting to replicate.
  "You must be Miss Pierce." my brother spoke, honestly entranced by her appealing features as she curtseyed before him.
  "Please, call me Katherine," she responded as her eyes shone in glorious wonder.

-- -------- --

September 30th, 2009
"You said you would explain everything, that's why I asked you both to meet me. When you google 'vampire' you get a world of fiction. What's the reality?" Elena fumed, looking at both Stefan and I in distaste.
  "We can tell you whatever you want," Stefan assured her.
  "I've seen you eat garlic. And somehow sunlight isn't an issue." Elena argued.
  "They have special rings, that protect them," I answer, which gains her attention quickly.
  "And what do you mean by 'they'? Do those rules not apply to you?" She inquires as she takes a quick sip of coffee. I dodge her question by motioning towards Stefan, uninterested in answering non-vampire specific questions. Asking him the usual, superficial, cliché, teenage novel crap that was assumed about the vampire species, the two had come to the common ground until the conversation adapted to mention Caroline, the argument soon came to a conclusion after I butted in that nothing about the situation was 'ok', but it shut both of them up.
  "Are there any other's aside from you three?" This evaluation made me snort, unintentionally creating tension between us as Gilbert looked at me incredulously.
  "No, not any more. And Marielle isn't one of us, it's just me and Damon." Stefan confirms for her.
  "Elena, give us today. We will answer any questions that you have and when it's over you can decide for yourself what you want to do with what you know. It'll be your choice." I cut in, laying out the terms of our new deal for her to choose. Would she stay and listen or turn her head screaming 'vampire' to the town council.