18. College Plans (angst)💔

Summary: with the College interviews coming up, Asahi meets your mother and some uncomfortable topics are talked about causing a fight between you two. Asahi asks you for time and space alone.
________________________________________

"So, currently we have a lot of attention from the scouts from different colleges. Do any of you plan on going pro?" Coach Takeda asked as the boys looked at each other. "I got calls from some colleges for Kageyama, Hinata, Tsukishima, Nishinoya, Tanaka, Daichi and Asahi." Everyone gasped and smiled and talked amongst themselves. "I'll call you guys and talk to you personally afterwards but we need to keep playing well in the nationals as well." He said as he dismissed you all to continue practicing. "You guys! That's amazing!" You said and you ran over. Everyone was smiling and excited. "Man I can't wait to play in league" Hinata and Kageyama said to each other.

Later during class Daichi was called to the office, followed by Asahi. During lunch all of you huddled near their benches to know about them. "Well I got calls from two Universities who have their teams play in japan league. I'm planning on joining the police force though..." Daichi said. "That's very fitting to you, I'm so proud of you" Suga said wiping fake tears off his face dramatically. "What about you Asahi san?" Hinata said jumping. "I got a call from the one that Daichi got. But the other one... Well, it wasn't really about volleyball" he said.

Everyone looked at him puzzled. "Remember the fashion show we did last time at the festival, apparently a trustee from a fashion and design school that I want to go to, came to visit as she went to Karasuno as well. She was quiet impressed by mine and Mei-san's designs and wants us to apply for scholarships. She wants to meet us in person." He said. Everyone's face lit up. "What!?! That's like the best thing ever! Oh my god Asahi!" You said hugging him, the others cheering for him. He went red when you hugged him. "Yeah, I'll meet her coming Saturday."

Apparently the first and second years were also approached by scouts and are invited to training camps. Kageyama and Nishinoya were invited to the all Japan training camp where all the best under 19 players were invited. They had to go before the nationals in the coming week for 4 days to Tokyo. So the coming week looked busy for you all, even you.

"Please come with me, my mom won't stop pestering me" you begged Asahi to come to your house on Saturday, ie tomorrow. Your mom had been asking to meet your boyfriend for a long time now. "Bu- but I'm scared!" Asahi said not looking you in the eye. "No offense Asahi, but you're scared of everything. Don't worry I'll help you and tell you the do's and dont's. Pleeeeeease don't say no" you made puppy dog eyes. "Fine I'll come with you." He said rather reluctantly, scared off his wits. The next two hours you prepped him for the next day.

The next day, Asahi arrived at your house in the evening, his heart beating fast when you opened the door.

Asahi walked in to meet a very excited little boy, who was your brother. "Ne neesan, is this your boyfriend?" He asked tugging his shirt. "Yeah. Mom! Come here!" You called your mother who came out of the kitchen. "Mom, this is Asahi Azumane. 'Sahi, this is my mom, and my brother"

"Oh I remember meeting you, (y/n) and you used to walk home together. Who knew you'd go out with him. Come sit, dinner is almost done" your mom, ever the enthusiastic soul said too excited. Asahi was awkwardly contemplating on what to say. He just went with a 'nice to meet you'. "Hey do you wanna see my robot collection?" Your brother asked him. Asahi replied with a 'sure' and smiled so your brother dragged him to his room.

"He's so shy it's cute" you mother said laughing. "Yeah don't judge him by his looks, his personality and looks don't match at all" you said as you set the table up for dinner. You called them both downstairs to eat as you say your brother drag him down. "Mom can we keep him here? I've always wanted a older brother! Asuhame san is so cool!" He said, his eyes sparkling. "Well your brother has a rather cool robot collection, I wouldn't mind" Asahi said laughing, his nerves had calmed down.