Chapter 4

Chapter 4

*Normal POV*

I ran. It was the only thing that I could think of, running. I ran and ran and ran, turning left or right when I felt like it. I eventually tripped over a piece of vine, swearing as bright colors flashed across my vision. Plopping down, I caught my breath, ignoring the pounding in my head.

Why the hell was I in there? Why are there only boys? Why am I in a maze? Where's the exit?

I tortured myself with these questions as I looked down at the floor, where the piece of vine that was cut laid. I frowned, reaching for the vandalized vine.

Why is this cut? Who cut it?

Shut up and stop asking questions, I mentally scolded myself.

I shakily stood up, deciding that I would go back to where the boys were for supplies. Maybe they wouldn't notice some of it going missing. Just then, I heard heavy breathing and footsteps around the corner. I was torn: I wanted to see if they can help, but another part of me wanted to just keep running down these endless halls. Before I could make my decision, however, I heard a voice.

"The shuck? I'm pretty sure I cut the vine and left it here," I heard a gruff voice say. Oh great, there's another boy.  Seriously, how many boys were there? I held my breath and ran silently down the other side of the corridor. I didn't really trust them right now, and there was a high chance of the boy being part of the others. 

Naturally, I was lost in thought. Naturally, I wasn't paying attention anymore, and naturally, I ran straight into something with a fump. Soon, I realized something was another boy. He was wearing a long sleeve shirt that was a light color of blue, and his complexion showed that he was Asian. He grunted in annoyance before he looked up at me, his facial expression changing so quickly.

"Y-you're a girl," the boy gaped.

"Thanks for pointing that out. I totally didn't know," I snapped.

He shook his head as if he was trying to shake off his thoughts. He helped himself up and I tried to get up too, only to slam into the wall of the maze. 

"How does the wall feel?" the boy snickered.

I glared at him as I tried to focus my eyes and make the dark spots go away. I stood up again and felt something trickling down my head, again. Before the boy looked up from dusting himself off, I wiped it away. It didn't do you any good if you showed weakness. I clutched the vines behind me, trying to find a way to stand up. Honestly? I felt like I would pass out at any moment. 

The boy kinda ignored me and checked his watch. "Shuck."

He glanced at me and then grabbed my hand before I had time to react, pulling me down the corridors. 

"We have to make it before the sunsets. If it does, we're so shucking screwed," the boy spoke as we ran.

"Why?" I asked.

"Trust me, you don't want to know," the boy answered. "I'm Minho, by the way."

"And I don't know my name." I tried to wrench my hand out of his grip, but he seemed to grab on even harder. 

"If I let go, you're going to slow down and I'm going to slow down, and we'll be partying out here with the dangers," he explained, answering my unasked question. I heard a strange grinding noise as we turned the corner. He stumbled as he got distracted from the noise and he released his grip on my wrist. I didn't understand a thing, but my instincts told me to run, so I obeyed it. 

"C'mon, get up! You said yourself that we didn't have time," I growled in frustration at Minho who'd tripped. He shot me a glare which I ignored. I pulled him up and we started running towards the other boys who were crowded around the entrance of the grassy fields.

"C'MON MINHO! C'MON GREENIE!"

The wall started to slide shut and I increased my pace even more. In the end, Minho and I made it back safely, and my pounding head finally won over me, making everything turn black.

A/N

Quite long this time, eh? I just wanted to let you guys not to worry about Newt. He'll come up soon.

L.J.