Kiss

"Do you still have feelings for me?" Sora waits patiently for a response, preparing himself for the unexpected. Y/n feels bashful and starts to choke on her words. "Feelings f-for you? I...uh...well, you're cute!" Sora took a while to process. "You said I'm cute?" She nods awkwardly. "Yup."

He smiles while fiddling with his curls. "I meaaan, thank you for the compliment, but it didn't really answer my question." Y/n pretends to be oblivious. "Oh, it didn't? Sorry. Can you repeat question?"

"Yeah," he sits up and turns his full body to her.  "Do you still have feelings for me? And I want you to be honest." She looks at him as if he's speaking another language. "Do I? Tricky question...uh. Maybe?" Sora looks at the road, then back at her. "Maybe...does maybe mean no?"

"Yes-wait, I mean no! Gosh, why is it so hard to talk?" She gets frustrated and hides her face with the collar of her shirt. Sora remains patient without any effort. "It's cool. You don't gotta answer right now, I don't wanna pressure yo-"

"Yes! I still have feelings for you! I never stopped loving you," she admits, still hiding in her shirt. Sora feels butterflies moving rapidly in his stomach. "Really? Like deadāss?" Y/n is filled with embarrassment. "Yup! Did that answer your question? Yes? Okay, bye!" She turns to reach for the car door.

"No no no, wait," his hands gently grabs her arm. "Don't leave, okay?" His needy voice caused Y/n to freeze up unconsciously. She faces opposite direction to hide her blushing face. "I want you to stay," Sora persuaded. Y/n exhales deeply before closing the car door.

"Is it true? That you never stopped loving me?" He leans forward to get a glimpse of her face. She keeps her eyes on her shoes. "Yes...it's hard getting over someone who has full custody of your feelings. I know it's weird but..."

"It's not weird," Sora denied. "I don't think it's weird at all, cus' I've been there before. I know what it's like trying to get rid of your feelings for someone. It's difficult. Can you look at me?" Y/n shifted her eyes from her shoes, to the road, then to Sora. He gazed at her with his ocean blue contacts, causing her to look back down.

"Why won't you look at me?" He asked, desperately wanting to look at her cute face. She laughs nervously. "Because I'm too embarrassed right now." She shuts her eyes closed. "Just look at me real quick." His index finger meets with her chin and angled her face towards him.

Her eyes kept shut until she felt his lips press against her. Her body pulls away in an instant. "Uh-uh-uh..." She's panicking. Sora is also panicking. "Shīt. Sorry, sorry, sorry! I don't know why I did that. Fūck, I'm so stupid. Are you okay?"

"No- I mean YES! Don't apologize! I liked it! Or, um- dammit, I'm so awkward..." Y/n hides her face again. Sora facepalms himself in stupidity. "I didn't mean to scare the hell outta you. I just trynna be smooth with it, but I fūcked it up so badly. Slap me if you want to."

"Slap you?! But..." Sora takes her hand and puts it to his face. "You have my permission, just do it." He braced himself for Y/n to slap him, but she had zero intentions of harming Sora in any way. Instead, she reached over and smooch his cheek to return the favor.

He smiles confusingly. "That didn't feel like a slap." She laughs, still blushing. "I'm not slapping you, dummy!" He leans to kiss her lips, but this time, neither of them pulled away. Y/n's heart was beating out of her chest.

They slowly break off the kiss, still maintaining perfect eye contact. Sora made a request. "Do you wanna...come to my place for a while?" Y/n made a tiny gasp. "Your place? You don't mean like...?" He corrects himself. "No, not like that. It's not anything sexual. Just, ya know, hang out?"

"Oh, right!" She felt relieved. "Uh, actually...dammit! Sorry, I have a project tonight. Maybe another day?" He nods in understanding. "That's cool. Aight, ready to go home?" She straps up in her seatbelt. "Yeah. Long day."

He starts the car and tries not to think of anything sexual involving Y/n. 'Don't get hard. Don't get hard. Please don't get hard. I swear to God, Sky, if you make this more awkward than it is...'

To be continued...