Don't Worry

Y/n's heartbeat suddenly slowed down, but still felt tense. Her nails dug into the sand. The kiss broke, but the eye contact didn't. Sora didn't move away. Instead, he leaned in for another. This time it was longer. Y/n caressed his hair all the way to his neck.

Before the kiss got even tenser, Sora pulled back, breaking the kiss. "What's wrong?" Y/n asked wanting more. "I just...it's nothing." She tilted her head in confusion. "Did I do something wrong?" He nodded. "No, you're fine." Sora suddenly distanced himself away from Y/n, avoiding eye contact.

Sora's mind

'Fùck, why are you doing all of this? You already know how this is gonna end, so why continue? Soon, she'll say that she doesn't feel the same way and just leave you like the others did. You can't win. This entire thing is büllshit, a never-ending cycle of rejection. End the date before you regret it.'

"Sora?" Y/n was scared that she did something wrong. Sora stands up. "Let's go." She freaks out. "Already? But the sun is still setting! Can we stay a little longer?" Sora was already rolling up his towel. "Next time." Y/n couldn't take his silence and grabbed his hand.

"Hey, talk to me. Tell me what's bothering you. Please." Sora held her face and faked a smile. "Nothing is bothering me, Y/n. Don't worry, I'll be fine." That was a lie. He's hurting inside. He convinced Y/n by kissing her one last time. "Lets do this again sometime." Y/n was still feeling concerned. 'What's wrong with him?'

To be continued...