Misunderstanding

Sora sat in his car in silence, thinking about the decision he's made. "Fućk, I can't believe I just said that to her..." he can only imagine how she's handling it. Probably not too well. Maddison texts him.

Maddy: are u here?
Sora: Yes I'm parked
Maddy: I'm coming

After a short wait, Sora spots Maddy knocking on the window. "Hey!" He unlocks the door. "Whats good?" She gets in the car and nudges his hair. "It's been a long time since we've hung out, ya know..." he looks down. "I know..."

The car was awkwardly silent. Sora decided to speak up. "So...what's up?" It seems like Maddy was still trying to build up a sentence. "Well...uh." She sighed. "First of all, I'm sorry for not being completely honest with you."

She looks down. "You're my best friend, and my last intention would be hurting you. Please don't be mad at me, but I lied when that I wasn't ready for a relationship. I only said that to hide the fact that I..." She hesitated.

Sora got confused. "That you...what?" She smiled embarrassingly. "...that I actually like girls." Sora paused, looking shocked. "Wait, Maddy, are you...? She nods. "Yup, lesbian!" He laughed. "Are you serious?! And you're telling me this now?!"

She started laughing too. "I'm sorry! It's not easy coming out!" Sora facepalmed himself. "Damn, I really played myself. Wait, didn't you say you had a boyfriend the other night?"

"Oh my god! That guy you saw last night...wasn't my boyfriend! I was playing 'truth or dare' with my friends and they pressured me into asking that guy out. Annnnd of course, I blew it off." He laughed again. "Oooh, I understand now."

"Are you angry at me?" She asked. "Angry? Hell nah, I'm good now, haha." He started to tease. "So what's your type? Blondes? Curvy? Darkskins?" She covered her blushing face. "Omg, Sora!" They both cracked up.

After getting closure he needed from Maddison, Sora felt satisfied, as if a large weight on his chest had disappeared. However, his thoughts went to Y/n. He realized he's made a mistake breaking it off with her. 'I need to talk to you when I get the chance...'

Maddy holds Sora's hand. "Anyways, I got nothing to do today. Can we get ice cream? Ya know...like we used to?" He smiled. "Yeah, let's get ice cream."

To be continued