63 Building Pt.2

Shotaro bit his lip, clutching onto his sword while wondering where the Chinese couple is and if they're safe.

Of course, they are, don't doubt them!

He carefully peeked behind the tree, scanning the grounds of the place. Across the other side of the building, he could see Hendery's black curly hair near the bushes. He lifted his mic before speaking into it. "Is Xiaojun Hyung with you?" Nothing. All he could hear was static. "Hyung?"

Sh*t, what happened?

He got onto one knee, eyes meeting with Hendery. The older male seemed quite disturbed, probably in the same situation as well. That's when a couple of bullets fired in the couple's direction, having them flee again. He had the urge to get up when something cold and heavy was rested on his shoulder, freezing immediately. The Japanese swordsman slowly turned his head, just enough so he could meet eyes with the Kage Arc. What an ugly self-righteous smug he had.

"So... was this your way to fulfill that promise?" The man began, unmoving. Shotaro didn't move as well, eyes locked with his enemy.

☯︎︎

Flames and fire were everywhere. He stood in front of the house, horrified and painstakingly broken as the Japanese boy watched his neighborhood burn. He snapped out of his fretful daze when another scream was heard in the estate, running in despite risking his own life. His brother's scream to be exact.

He was just coming back from kendo when he noticed people screaming and running away from the opposite direction of his neighborhood, noticing smoke floating up in the beautiful, clear sky. That day may have been the most bittersweet ever to come across his life. Making past the charcoaled wood and flaming entrance, receiving a couple of amber burns, he ran all around his house. He hasn't seen so much blood, ever. Ignoring the smoke entering his lungs and the harsh burning in his eyes, he continued. The living room was trashed and demolished, bloodstains evidential, and what are those in the shojis? Cuts? Not just any cuts, sword slashes.

Running up to the kitchen and sliding open the shoji."Ma-" He stopped. His mother's body laid on the floor, in a large pool of blood and large cuts on her body. Blood splatters painted the cream-colored room despite burning with dark ash colors. He could feel his body grow cold and shake at the sight.

Her head is gone.

Shotaro quickly snapped his head back down the halls hearing items and heavy furniture crash due to the weakened charred wood. He knows he should be running for his life. He should be turning back, but how could he abandon his family? He quickly dashed down the halls, making it to his father's room.

"Papa-" Tears dwelled in his eyes. Not because of the smoke, but because he's unable to bear the sight of his dead family members. Again, he stopped. A sword laid on the ground, his father's body was burnt to a crisp but suddenly, he collapsed on the floor, staring up at the ceiling; what a gruesome sight it was. His father's and mother's heads were hanging on the ceiling just above Shotaro's head. Blood dripped on his face, making the boy lurch, close to vomiting any moment. His body was burning hot and he couldn't stand the sight. Should he go back? The police will come in time, right? Where is his brother?

No, no, no, no, no, no...!

Another scream filled the place, he knew exactly where the boy is. The young boy, without hesitation, grabbed his father's sword.

"One day, I'll lend this beauty to you, my son. You are the eldest and will one day lead and protect your family. This sword has been passed down through many generations and is a treasured piece of the Osakis'."